Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (Infus10n), 270 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 26/05/24 07:43 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
Topic Replies
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 30/05/24 10:40 PM
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 29/05/24 07:53 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 23/05/24 01:00 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Junior Technician
My mate can rope start.

He has a later model 4000 series rover or something like that. It messed up so its now got a Victa rope start pulley on the top of it i think.

The lister would have been good but it was a pump of a water truck and had done a power of work. It was over kill for what i had planned for it and the pump and stuff would have had to come off it. Now ive got 3 or 4 Hondas to choose from to do the same job so its just easier to go with one of them.
Its only to to spin the old windmill head for dads bore. Little honda will do it easy. Have a G200 with a reduction drive on it thats winning the race so far.

Im actually looking for a piston push pump at the moment. Trying to work out how we are going to treat the water, its loaded with too much iron. Push pump will be handy if we do work out how to do something at the bore rather than once the water is over at the house.

Last edited by CyberJack; 12/05/16 04:05 PM.
Membership information
Pushrod Honda preferrer
Listers are good for long runs, rather than intermittent use. It used to be traditional in the deep bush to have a Lister-driven pump (perhaps like yours) on a trailer, connected to a 44 gallon drum of diesel fuel. You towed the trailer to the bore beside a [Censored] in whatever paddock was low on water, and coupled the pump to the bore. Then you fired up the Lister and went away. It pumped water into the [Censored] until the 44 gallon drum was empty, then stopped. Next time you saw that a [Censored] somewhere was low, you drove to where you'd left the pump on its trailer, switched the empty 44 gallon drum for a full one, and towed it to the next [Censored]. I gather the rig sometimes just sat out in the boonies for months, maybe years, in between uses.

In other words, what you had might have been a classic item in need of restoration. Maybe the new tenant will do it.

Junior Technician
Nah it wasnt classic. Well not quite that old.

I think maybe the guy i swapped it to did get it running and sold it on eBay. Was checking out his feedback, saw something about a lister, but it was too long back to see the item detail.

Novice
Hi Guys,

That weird clutch setup kinda looks similar to the friction plate clutch I had on my Howard 2000, could be the same. Just a thought.

Cheers Keith

Junior Technician
Its not a setup ive ever seen before, but it does make sense.
Going from a vertical to a horizontal drive you would need to have the belt in constant tension.

I figure for what i paid for the one above, its worth it for just the clutch and pull starter.

Novice
Hi, You asked earlier about the lever on the cutting deck, It is the cutter belt tensioner lever and its an "Over centre lock" type. As you pull it, the entire deck slides on the slotted brackets the deck bolts to and it tensions the belt. I have a greenfield with this type of setup but for the life of me i can't identify the model. Hope it helps.
Glenn

Junior Technician
Thanks Glenn.

Makes me wonder about the clutch on the front then.

I was thinking it might have been brake for the blade disc.
I got another deck the other day, its got what looks like might be a workable other half to my theory.

I would be very interested in seeing any pictures of your mower that you are talking about.

Cheers, Bob.

Pushrod Honda preferrer
Bob, I think Glenn's model is quite different from yours. You do not have a friction clutch and a belt-tensioning clutch on the same mower doing the same job.

Novice
The Clutch on the front has 2 pulleys. One is constant drive(no Clutch) as this is the drive belt pulley. The pulley with the clutch is for the cutter deck disengage. Mine is the same. I'll post pics as soon as i can.

Novice
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

1st pic is the pulley setup. The next 2 pics are for someone to help me identify the model. Points to note though, right hand discharge not left. Bolt on trailing wheels on the deck not cast mountings. Horizontal crankshaft motor and this chassis was designed for it. Closest i have gotten is that it is a Super HD8 with different wheels and body, except its too long.......

Junior Technician
Hmm intersting.

Whats the motor, looks like its smaller than a G400, is it a GX of some sort??

Looks like a mini tractor 8 or tractor 12 front on the bonnet.

Clutch looks like the same as what should be on mine.

If you get a chance could you wash off the top of the deck and snap some pics. I would think that its similar to the vertical shaft jobs.

Novice
The motor is a Honda GX240 8.5hp. And i will clean that deck....Eventually LOL...Mini Tractor 8? I am wondering if you could measure the the wheelbase of your HD8 Tractor, because the chassis seems very similar to yours.

Junior Technician
Thanks.
Im in no hurry.

Mini tractor 8. was a short thing, only a narrow cut, 28", had an 8Hp motor mounted sideway, steep sloped bonnet.

Is mine a HD8??

I could have a measure for ya. Im tipping yours is wider and longer.

Novice
Rodeobob, I know it's a long shot that you see tbis post, I don't know how else to make contact. I also have a HD8 with a horizontal honda. Do you still have any parts, namely the drive belt adjuster with tbe spring? Phillip

Pushrod Honda preferrer
Phillip, you will find Bob's phone number and location in his profile. Also if you look up lawnmowers on Gumtree you will find his advertisements, location and phone number. If you need more information please send me a Private Message and we can discuss it. Bob hasn't been on Outdoorking much lately, and seldom reads his Private Messages, so I doubt you could contact him that way.

Novice
Thanks for that Grumpy

prd Offline
MOD & GREENFIELD TECHNICIAN
........and this one too.

Apprentice level 4
wow!! now that's 2 of these out of nowhere

Regards,
Paul

Such is life.......
Nothing better than a "GreenField" just mowed..
prd Offline
MOD & GREENFIELD TECHNICIAN
G'day Superdooper,

Note this an old thread that I deliberately reopened as it's the machine (Frankengreenie) that I was discussing with Gadge in another thread (which I have also reopened).

The three threads makes it a bit confusing but read through and all will become clear.

I'm sorry Jack and other mods. I know this is a ham fisted way of doing things.

Apprentice level 4
yeah yeah, I understand... but it's one I had no idea existed... must find/have..

Regards,
Paul

Such is life.......
Nothing better than a "GreenField" just mowed..
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mr Davis, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Pete1nlancs, Ron R, catthewhde, Mypwta, Routten
16,804 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,718
Posts104,653
Members16,804
Most Online2,545