Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 237 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Victa 24 hubcaps
by NormK - 18/04/24 02:19 PM
Topic Replies
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 05/05/24 09:06 AM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Fuel Hose for Victa
by NormK - 24/04/24 07:40 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 06:44 PM
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Two Stroke Lawn Mower Frames Jump to new posts
Re: Ogden power push mower maxwestern 5 hours ago
G'day John,

Yes it looks like it would be quicker to modify a Pope catcher than try to locate a Ogden catcher, it shouldn't be too much trouble to shorten the catcher to fit ,a few images from online to see the shape of the brackets.

Another thing I didn't mention before was the Pope has a deflector plate when the grass catcher is used to make
collecting grass more efficient ,you could make a deflector plate if need be ,I've used push mowers without the
deflector plate and the catcher still got filled with grass, the Ogden looks to have a deflector plate too when using
a catcher.

Cheers
Max.
4 394 Read More
For Sale Jump to new posts
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw. MowingManiac Yesterday at 08:50 AM
Short story is two chains for Ozito 18 Volt chainsaw PXCCSS-018 are for sale. One is an Ozito, the other is a Stihl which I had made by a Stihl dealer

They are 40 DL, 3/8 LP 0.043inch

Long story is I bought an Ozito 18 V 10 inch (250mm) chainsaw which worked well for cutting small branches until the motor burnt out with lots of smoke. The replacement just stopped working, and after three others gave up I upgraded to the 2 X 18 V version which is working well.

The Ozito chain is dull but only used for maybe half an hour. The Stihl is sharp and has hardly had any use.

Hate throwing stuff out but no further use to me.

$20 plus postage for the two.
0 23 Read More
Reel Lawn Mowers, Atco & Villiers etc. Jump to new posts
Re: Victa Imperial Project NormK Yesterday at 08:17 AM
Very good well done looks good
32 5,742 Read More
Wanted Jump to new posts
Re: Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs Wram 06/05/24 10:15 AM
had a go at welding it, it seems to be okay for now.
Thanks for your input
3 186 Read More
Questions On Honda Engines Jump to new posts
Re: Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds MowingManiac 04/05/24 11:06 PM
Thanks Max. Glad Honda put that system in, had I persisted and managed to get that motor running it wouldn't have lasted long with what was in the sump.

Wish this motor, or any of mine, looked as hygienic as the one in your photo:-)
2 103 Read More
Re: Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys NormK 03/05/24 06:59 AM
Ok got an answer for this problem. I found a motor here that somebody had used an aluminium pulley and machined it to take a boss off the F/C and grub screwed it to the boss I think they probably heat shrunk the pulley onto the boss. Anyway this is an easy fix tor what could have been the end of my last few 24's. At this stage I am short of 1 slider plate but it is not worth me getting just one laser cut.
1 76 Read More
Wanted Jump to new posts
Re: airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne Bruce 27/04/24 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Wram
I'm actually missing the whole casing/housing. Pn 390379

Briggs Australia has the part on backorder and it could take a couple of months to get in from the time that you order.

CLICK HERE for the part link
5 336 Read More
Off Topics Jump to new posts
Re: Scammers maxwestern 25/04/24 12:58 AM
G'day Norm,

Yep the scammers are finally getting arrested, I do remember many years ago getting the scammer messages sent to me when selling online,
and there was nothing to stop them ,I'm still getting 3 scam messages as soon as I list an item for sale but now most are blocked from me responding to them on Gumtree and if they aren't blocked I push the report on Gumtree messaging and they are blocked that day.I think more should have been done earlier though.

These days Scammers can sextort young people and as a result a few young people have committed suicide but at least
now the scammers go to jail no matter what country they are from ,a lot of the times the scammers don't even have
what they say they have to extort people.

Yes Foxes are everywhere ,I remember seeing a news report from London where a fox entered a persons home and attacked
a child.

You still hear about a wombat attack from time to time and a roo attack isn't that uncommon.If you are a tourist I hear you
need to watch out for the drop bears in Australia ,apparently they like attacking tourists. , what animal doesn't
attack you in Australia ,I went near a blue tongue lizard the other day and that was trying to take a bite out of me .

Cheers
Max.
41 4,732 Read More
Questions On Victa Two Stroke Engines Jump to new posts
Re: Fuel Hose for Victa NormK 24/04/24 09:40 AM
Yes Max,
this time of the year you couldn't give a mower away. Once September hits and people see that it is going to cost them $60/80 to get their lawn cut they quickly see the value in an $80 mower, one cut of their lawns and they are in front.
17 947 Read More
Re: VC160 Motor advice needed QSR 20/04/24 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by NormK
Nipping up like that indicates there is a lack of end float on the crank for some reason. One of the bearings must not be fully home

Just had another look at it and noticed the top seal had a gap when looking at it from the top side, I just installed it flush with the casing on the inside. Tried hitting the seal further in till it closed the gap on the top side and installed the bearing again and refitted and that solved the issue. I got worried that the case halves had no clearance but crisis averted. Will need to pay attention more next time how far seals and bearings are installed before disassembly.
2 196 Read More
Wanted Jump to new posts
Re: Recoil starter for Villiiers Lightweight engine Malcolm Arnold 20/04/24 03:29 AM
Thank you, Max.
2 235 Read More
Re: G4 Carby????? Advice please :-) maxwestern 20/04/24 12:15 AM
Hi Return Rider,

Yes the back diaphragm plastic cover is missing the white idle screw but you can put a later cover on without the idle screw.

The silver disk on the diaphragm locks the diaphragm to the poppet valve so it should have this or some sort of clip.

The idle screw won't slow the idle if it's missing and it's running too fast ,if the motor is in good mechanical condition
then it may just be the carby parts have worn and to fix this you add a brass washer to hold the poppet valve in a
more closed direction to bring the idle down.

Cheers
Max.
6 629 Read More
Re: Victa 24 hubcaps maxwestern 20/04/24 12:02 AM
G'day Norm,

There are a few ways to make caps ,3D printing will be the easiest if you have someone to make them.

I think if I was only using the caps to hold the circlips on I'd just buy the circlips that won't fall off.

Cheers
Max.
3 231 Read More
Identification of Particular Machines Jump to new posts
Re: Robin EC10 maxwestern 13/04/24 08:44 AM
I know that the base and handle that is the same as the mower at the top of this thread has a sticker that says H J Jeppesen and Company (Pty) Ltd, which started in 1965 so the only mower company I've found in SA that started in 1965 was the Professional mower group and
from what I've seen the Professional mowers are using the same handle bars as the mower wce uploaded here and they also use
the same graphic stripe on later mowers that's also on the yellow electric mower above that has the correct base.

So it looks to me that this mower from WCE is a Professional mower and that explains the commercial quality made height adjuster.

Professional also made reel mowers see below.

The last image is from Tandem mowers as I mentioned two time lines on this thread for those mowers.

Double left click on document that says About Us to expand for reading.

Cheers
Max.
11 9,564 Read More
Newest Members
Jdlu35, Kiwicat, Lonnie, RhodiaRagman, DBB333
16,791 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,715
Posts104,629
Members16,791
Most Online2,545