Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (Dandare), 66 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by CJay - 19/07/24 12:34 AM
Villers engine numbers
by Bevan12666! - 17/07/24 06:43 AM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by PK5 - 11/07/24 05:16 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 05/07/24 04:55 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Topic Replies
SB45 Resto
by deviosi - 26/07/24 09:30 AM
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by NormK - 22/07/24 12:08 PM
Villers engine numbers
by maxwestern - 18/07/24 05:54 PM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by NormK - 11/07/24 08:39 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 08/07/24 06:31 AM
HORSE MOWER - Port Melbourne - c1910-1930
by Alan M - 04/07/24 08:43 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Birky Offline OP
Novice
Gidday, I love this site. I have just bought a Scott Bonnar reel mower Model 45 series, 14" cut & even came with the original Instruction Book & Operating & Maintenance Instructions book & Warranty Card(Purchased 02/10/78).....I am willing to share with members/photocopy it & mail it out or if I can(doubt it),scan them & put them on the site. Might have to get kids to help me. Had been in a shed for 6 years, just degreased it/cleaned it up but the green round cylinder on the clutch shaft is broken I have looked at all the bolts etc but I would rather have your expert help in advising me how to remove it so I don't bugger it up or unnecessarily undoing things I don't have to.
Regards & thanks
Ian

Repair Junkie
Birky,

The easiest way that I would remove the clutch system would be to undo the three screws on the outer cone assy (one near the chain side). Then remove the four engine mount bolts (holding engine to frame) and remove the engine with the inner clutch housing.

The rest is quite simple. cheers2

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Administrator - Master Technician
Birky,
A big warm welcome to the site, you will find us all a friendly bunch here; we like to learn new skills and tinker with all things reciprocating.....and in my case, all things Scott Bonnar.
I have just done a clutch restoration on my Model 45,and as Bruce has said, it is quite straightforward once the motor is off the frame.You may like to take advantage of the Parts and Manuals topic on the forum.To access, you make a Paypal donation....Just press the top button at the very top of the page....the manual will guide you thru it and supply part numbers should you require replacement parts; Bruce will advise on supply.. grin....Good to know another Scotty afficiando...Again welcome,
Kindest Regards, Darryl
cheers

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Birky, just a thought, you may like to see some pics of my Model 45,with reconditioned clutch assy, just scroll down to page 1 "old Mower Pictures" topic further down on this forum. It's not completely original; I had 2 problems with it cry; one was called "Briggs" and the other called "Stratton"
Viva la Honda!! yay
Kindest Regards, Darryl
cheers

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.

Birky Offline OP
Novice
Hi Bruce & Darryl thank you so much for the welcome. As I'm getting on in age(as my kids tell me-46 is old) I have a real interest in small mower engines so I am really looking forward to tinkering & reading/using your vast experience to assist me along the way. Darryl, yep I had a look at your Model 45....WOW...that is a credit to you, excellent job...had a laugh about the '2' problems. Have you guys heard of the 'Falcon' brand of whipper snipper? I actually had one, bought it off a mate who imported them in 1985 to do my 2 acre bit of land. It lasted me exactly 20 years, 5 months with regular use before it was not worth repairing. In all that time I only replaced the cord head & spark plug once. Just goes to show if you look after your gear, it will last. Once again, thanks for the welcome & I will be a regular reader...there is so much info on this wonderful site. Paypal donation on way.
Kind regards
Ian

Hi Ian,
Thanks mate for the kind comments,Wow,you sure had a good life outta the Falcon, and yes it does certainly reinforce good maintenance will reward you with long service. wink
Once again, best of luck with your Scotty, and welcome aboard!!
Kindest Regards, Darryl
grin

Novice
Hi Birky,
I know it's almost a year gone since you posted this article , but I've just met & fallen in love with a model 45 / 14 inch Scott Bonnar myself. The cutting blade cylinder is down to it's last possible adjustment and I think I'll need to find a replacement one. I'd be most grateful for that manual if you're able to supply me with a copy somehow .Cheers

Repair Junkie
Originally Posted by doc2
Hi Birky,
I know it's almost a year gone since you posted this article , but I've just met & fallen in love with a model 45 / 14 inch Scott Bonnar myself. The cutting blade cylinder is down to it's last possible adjustment and I think I'll need to find a replacement one. I'd be most grateful for that manual if you're able to supply me with a copy somehow .Cheers

You should have found the parts manual in the parts list and manuals area. If you can not find what you are looking for just post a request and we will get it uploaded if we have it on hand.

I have the last (that I know of) catcher for the 14" New as to the cylinder that can be re bladed without out too much trouble. cheers2

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
As this thread has not been in use, I will now close it.
cheers2

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Newest Members
LawnLuke, chris s, _s.fletcher_, Waynefury, yambuk
16,845 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,730
Posts104,732
Members16,845
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace