Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
3 members (NormK, MowingManiac, Joe_Carroll), 296 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14382 21/10/09 03:18 AM
Deejay Offline OP
Administrator - Master Technician
Hi to All,
For some time we have been trying to source decals and stickers for our members restoration projects and thanks to Mr.John Humphries of Rustic Spares, we will, in future, be able to supply decal sets through our online store. It will take some time to have them manufactured, but it will be worth the wait knowing that the restoration will be complete. Here are some samples:
[Linked Image from i266.photobucket.com] Original fuel tank logo

[Linked Image from i266.photobucket.com] Original fuel tank logo

[Linked Image from i266.photobucket.com] ATCO Catcher logo

[Linked Image from i266.photobucket.com] Victa 18 Special Fuel tank sticker (chrome)

[Linked Image from i266.photobucket.com] Victa Boomerang
These are all currently available; check out John's website at Rustic Spares and my thanks to him for permission to post them here for our members to see.
We will update you as more information comes to hand. wink
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Membership information
Deejay Offline OP
Administrator - Master Technician
Some comments please fellas, this topic is important to ALL restorers!! wink
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Repair Junkie
Darryl,

They look good from what I can see. cheers2

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Apprentice level 2
Hi Darryl

Would it possible to get stickers made for 1970's VC160 Mark 3 and Mark 4 mowers, I'm restoring a couple and need the decals for the engines and green plastic engine covers.

cheers2

"You can't beat a good old Victa 2 stroke"
J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
At the moment we still need to take photos and measure up original stickers as we find them, I have a massive stash of old bases I will try and work on over the next little while. I do however have a brand new original series 70 victa sticker that may be able to be copied among others.

Trainee
Is it possible to get some of the later versions of Victa stickers?
And the Prima sticker perhaps? Or the sticker "keep hands and feet clear"

Any danger?

know nothing
on ebay yes . silenmessor i think . type in decals and he pops up . if its not shown in the list he has up . msg him there and he will reply fast , good trusted seller and a good product fiarly priced

Forum Historian
Hello vccomm and nolan

as learned vccomm says ... and;
Silensmessor is the most experienced decal re-producer I know of.
He has a respected international reputation.

Contact him through eBay - he may well have your needs in stock.

Hope this helps.
-----------------------
Jack

Trainee
No. Not helpful. Do I look up silenmessor on eBay? Nothing comes up. Is Silensmessor a user on here? Under what name? Because Silensmessor does not match any user name on here.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Just type in on ebay, "motor mower decals" he pops up immediately like this.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Victa-JET-Vintage-Mower-Outboard-Motor-Repro-Decals-/252469859926?hash=item3ac8605656:g:j-8AAOSw0JpV4c~f

Trainee
Yep NormK. Well done. Concise advice. Thank you

Trainee
And No. He doesn't do decals any later than 1970 model Victa.

So I've done some scrolling through the forums here. Blokes have restored Victa mowers from 1980's. Painted them up and before and after photos show the stickers have been redone.

Just wondering if they is anywhere else members are getting the decals/stickers from.

Last edited by nolan1986; 29/07/16 06:59 AM.
know nothing
than mate you didnt ask the right questions ......... he helps those who help themselves !!!

rude gets nowhere

Trainee
Vccomm, point out the parts where I was rude? I was just asking a question which many people do on this forum. But if you think I was being rude by doing that then, please, let me know where.

know nothing
ok .... sorry i forgot to mention ..... type in mower stickers/decals . but i did say ask him , and yes he is a member here but is too busy to reply and doesn't come here often .

his name is . willingworker i think . its been a long time . but as i said if you send him a message an ebay , with your request he will reply to you politely with a yes i have , or no im sorry ......... if you require then he will ask you to send him a photo and precise dimentions and colours as they change fast from model to model AND store to store in some cases .

a nice gent with loads of knowledge

Trainee
ok thanks Vccomm. He said he doesn't have any any later than 1970 models.

know nothing
and ............... my apologies too , was a wrong thing i said , and tough for me hahaha im wrong !!!

t'was another member wit an attitude i dislike so ........ (cough) sorry for that , but hmmmmmmm , he did take some later from my stash here , so maybe they werent popular enough , but we all like to find out where to obtain stuff at a good price .

cheers . Dave

Trainee
yeah no problems. he said he doesn't know vita models well so pictures of what you want are better to send him. But unless he can sell a couple of each he makes there is no point for him. Which is understandable and fair enough.

Is there anyone else the forum knows of?

Also, as a side note, what paint do members use? Or at least what seal? Like spray paint with a colour and then is there a clear spray of the top to seal? Protect from petrol and oil?

know nothing
for what machine ? sorry im not upto speed here , i use if its a keeper , auto paint in any colour that suits , or older jiggers a hamertone . hamerite dark green and tint to suit , i tint with silver or whatever is needed
and ad just a touch of silicone fork oil used in motorbike forks wink it gives the hammer effect , but shhhhhhhhhhh , keep it under ya hat huh

Last edited by vccomm; 01/08/16 08:08 AM.
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
All depends on the finish you want. For painting just a mower I find spray cans are fine, and then a quick coat or two of automotive 2pak clear. You end up with a good gloss finish which is durable and isn't troubled by petrol

Apprentice level 4
G'day everyone this is a bit of a long shot I know but I would like to ask if anyone out there might have one of these stickers for an old Victa Commando lawnmower that might still be intact or even faded to maybe get a photo of one so it can be copied?

I have lost my original commando sticker to years of fuel leaks and tree scrapes while using the mower. If I only had of known years ago that these could be copied one day I would have taken the sticker off and saved it from getting more destroyed on the mower so I could have made a few new ones.

I thought i'll have a try and ask on here as someone out there may have one of these mowers lying around with a "Commando" sticker still on it and I might have a chance of getting one reproduced to put back onto my lawnmower.

I am only after the "Commando" decal. The front "Victa" decal is available on ebay but I can't get the "commando" one reproduced and I don't have an original example to copy.

Please any help would be much appreciated.

I have added some photos of the original lawnmower with the "Commando" decal that I am after thanks to Cyberjack for uploading the original 1982 Victa Mower catalogue and advert that I found on these forums.

Cheers!

Attached Images
Victa Commando 1.jpg (134.35 KB, 100 downloads)
Victa Commando 2.jpg (244.97 KB, 98 downloads)
Last edited by Converse; 31/01/19 09:54 AM.

Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee ay, another trash picked Victa, hip hip Hooray!
Senior Contributor
There still doesn't seem to be anyone remaking the blue and early red series of Rover mower decals. I've been chasing a large Rover Baron sticker for the rear of a deck for ages.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
I was told years ago that most sign writers have the machines for making the decals or just go to a sticker printers as long
as you have an image or the old decal.

Senior Contributor
Yes Max, I've had decals made off of photos and illustrations in the past. However you sometimes have to pay a design and set up fee on top of the stickers/decals themselves.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
I think you may end up spending more for the decal Vm than what the Rover Baron is worth ,I must have scrapped about 40
Rovers recently ,all with good alloy bases and a few Baron mowers ,I paid $5 each for them and advertised them at $5. just
to move them on but no takers so scrapped the bases.

There are a lot of old Rovers missing the catchers and that kind of makes them worthless ,I had one Barron that
was slightly modified to fit a Victa Sports thumb latch catcher.

Attached Images
Rover Badge.jpg (173.83 KB, 27 downloads)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545