Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (Merro27, Charlie Munns), 3,791 guests, and 1,494 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#117628 28/02/23 04:02 PM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,233
Likes: 32
Junior Technician
on local FB
I didn't ask if it started..... didn't want to get involved....
speedy

Condition
Used - like new

Attachments
$50 mower.jpg (211.79 KB, 91 downloads)

........................Keep your blades sharp......................
speedy #117629 28/02/23 05:16 PM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Speedy,

Originally Posted by speedy
Condition
Used - like new

Hmmmm......

Looks more like newly removed from flood water.

Cheers
Max.

Attachments
Newly removed from flood water.png (285.86 KB, 87 downloads)
speedy #117633 01/03/23 06:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
FB Mug's place more like. I didn't know they had rust and missing/ faded paint out of the box.

Could have given it a squirt of paint from a can at least.

Last edited by Mowerfreak; 01/03/23 06:39 PM.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
speedy #117642 02/03/23 11:45 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I guess if it runs ok and the blades were good, $50 would be ok

speedy #117644 02/03/23 12:06 PM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Your generous Norm ,I would only pay $10. to $20. if it ran well ,I'd have to be desperate for a motor to pay $20.,
I scrapped a lot of those MTD mowers that looked a lot newer all with good engines ,I sell newish looking Victa mowers
with that engine serviced for $80. and lucky if it only takes about a week to sell .



Cheers
Max.

speedy #117645 02/03/23 03:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I wouldn't be paying $50 Max, but for somebody who just wanted a mower to cut the grass then $50 is probably ok

speedy #117649 03/03/23 05:06 PM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
G'day Norm

Possibly if your desperate for a mower Norm but as we know there a lot better mowers cheaper.

I won't sell those MTD mowers as I don't think they are worth anything , but worth something if you want an engine for
another mower ,I think you do the same.

FREE self propelled Rover on gumtree below.

Cheers
Max.

Attachments
Free local classified ads (2)a.jpg (19.7 KB, 37 downloads)
speedy #117650 03/03/23 05:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Max,
I have always scrapped any of those MTD mowers, kept the wheels as they are reasonably solid, but the bodies are awful and I usually find the motors have had a hard time and are at their end of life

speedy #117661 05/03/23 10:07 AM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Norm,

I’ve had the opposite with a lot of the MTD mowers the mowers look new and are thrown out , bar blade and oil still looks new.

Cheers
Max.

speedy #117663 05/03/23 10:28 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Max,
They are just a big bulky mower that I have no idea why a manufacturer would use so much extra steel to build something that doesn't have a wider cut than all the other lighter mowers, they are just plain stupid

1 member likes this: maxwestern

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,807
Members18,135
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1