Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by CJay - 19/07/24 12:34 AM
Villers engine numbers
by Bevan12666! - 17/07/24 06:43 AM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by PK5 - 11/07/24 05:16 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 05/07/24 04:55 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Topic Replies
SB45 Resto
by deviosi - 26/07/24 09:30 AM
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by NormK - 22/07/24 12:08 PM
Villers engine numbers
by maxwestern - 18/07/24 05:54 PM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by NormK - 11/07/24 08:39 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 08/07/24 06:31 AM
HORSE MOWER - Port Melbourne - c1910-1930
by Alan M - 04/07/24 08:43 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#113556 12/12/21 11:55 PM
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I copped an earful by a resident across the street today when I was using the line trimmer outside a building site on the nature strip. It's a few doors down and nobody was doing some overgrown weeds outside the fence, so I went just on 8pm to quickly run my whipper snipper over it.

This irate individual gets in my face cussing and telling me do you know what time it is after I shut the machine down and even after telling him.I would stop he kept telling me in a raised voice how it was after 8pm and people didn't want to hear that noise etc etc etc. He asked me if I was getting paid by the building company. I said no and he then wanted to know where I lived and that he was going to phone the managers tomorrow.

I wouldn't tell him where I lived so he started following me home and I stopped but was stuck carrying a whipper snipper so couldn't go walk away. I went into a unit block next door and put the machine overt the fence onto my yard but he had followed me to the units sitting across the street on a brick fence looking at his phone. I think he likely saw me put the machine over the fence but when I went out I went for a walk the other way and did a few blocks for a half hour before coming back and going inside. I never looked back to see if he was following but I never spotted him again.

I was in the wrong but even though I sort of apologised for the noise, he continued on and unfortunately there was nothing illegal about him following me but I wasn't going to let him see where I lived. The guy's a rude aggressive small minded fool who was looking for an argument I think.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Portal Box 6
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
8pm on a sunday night he probably had a skinful.

I see in NSW it is allowed to 8pm, and sunset in woy woy was 7:59, so not so bad. If you were going 8:30 then he has a point but at 8:10.

Over here its 7pm.

That being said, I have mowed at 7:30 before I was also not so politely told where to shove my mower ... problem was I needed to mow again the next day anyway - missed a big chunk down the middle in the dark

Next sunday, get your chainsaw out and run it to 7:59.59. Bet he wouldn't challenge you with a chainsaw haha

Last edited by Tyler; 13/12/21 01:06 AM.
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Tyler, I reckon he doesn't like it any time so this was his opportunity to offload. Guy wasn't that old, in his 40s somewhere. Voice sounded a bit uncouth but nothing too intimidating but he was really narky. He claimed he got up at 4:30 (many people have to rise early for the travel down to Sydney) yet he was prepared to hound me after. Maybe wasn't looking forward to the working week. Horrible experience but did enjoy the walk even though I was tense as you could imagine.

I had thought of finishing the whipper snipping job just before the cutoff but maybe the tree that's there could do with a little pruning. That nature strip is quickly becoming my personal garden haha.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Novice
I would be careful you have some strange ones in Sydney. I remember when I was up there in the 90's a man was killed because he was watering his garden during restrictions and a guy took exception and beat him up

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Even more strange in the Central Coast north of Sydney. Some real insular types this way.

AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
People are in general getting too hateful toward each other.

It like when I shot into the ground to scare a dog off. The neighbor wife's told her husband that I was using a rifle and had shot their house If she can't tell the difference between a .22 rifle and 12ga see needs glasses. He came over got in my face about it. I first I just shot into the ground. Then start off saying I had shot his house. I say if I shot his house with the 12 gauge using turkey shot there would a lot damage to the vinyl siding. I even showed him the big hole in the ground. He just would not leave even when I went into the house. He finally left when I came back to the door with the phone that I was on answering a customer's call. He assumed I was calling the sheriff out.

Boy if he only knew the loaded 12 gauge was still sitting right by the door and a loaded .357 Magnum pistol was a foot away

Now they are trying to get on my good side. His wife is waving at me. She is a married woman which I take no time with unless the husband is around. They can just take their broken riding mower to some else.

Talk about being hateful I was just pulling into Walmart parking when a guy cut though the lot shaking his fist at me. I must of had a vehicle that he thought he knew. Looks like I need to getting myself a concealed pistol permit and start carrying again. I haven't needed it since I no longer travel out in the sticks to service equipment.; about 16 yrs ago.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Originally Posted by AVB
Talk about being hateful I was just pulling into Walmart parking when a guy cut though the lot shaking his fist at me. I must of had a vehicle that he thought he knew. Looks like I need to getting myself a concealed pistol permit and start carrying again. I haven't needed it since I no longer travel out in the sticks to service equipment.; about 16 yrs ago.

I wouldn't mind being able to carry a pepper spray can on me. I'm not an MMA champion and many Australians have a very strong propensity to launch the fists and engage in way over the top violence for the smallest trigger ​ A perception of lax sentences doesn't help in deterrence.

Moderated by  Bruce, Deejay 

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Newest Members
BigFish1972, LawnLuke, chris s, _s.fletcher_, Waynefury
16,846 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,730
Posts104,732
Members16,846
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace