Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (Dandare), 66 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by CJay - 19/07/24 12:34 AM
Villers engine numbers
by Bevan12666! - 17/07/24 06:43 AM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by PK5 - 11/07/24 05:16 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 05/07/24 04:55 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Topic Replies
SB45 Resto
by deviosi - 26/07/24 09:30 AM
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by NormK - 22/07/24 12:08 PM
Villers engine numbers
by maxwestern - 18/07/24 05:54 PM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by NormK - 11/07/24 08:39 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 08/07/24 06:31 AM
HORSE MOWER - Port Melbourne - c1910-1930
by Alan M - 04/07/24 08:43 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
NormK Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Had this dropped off here last night, used it a couple of times and now it won't run. After a quick check I told him I thought it had been straight fueled as he is telling me about how much oil he added to the fuel showing me the fuel mixing bottle that he got with it. Can't get a puff out of it with starter fluid so I'm pretty sure it has been straight fueled. I had to take the pull start off because I couldn't move it with the cord but it freed up easily with socket and bar. He said it had locked up before, always so hard to get the truth out of people

Attached Images
100_1792.JPG (222.19 KB, 71 downloads)
Portal Box 6
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
NormK, I thought you were dispensing with the morons?
He sounds like a classic example. D

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
NormK Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
MF,
They just keep coming

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
It's a process. They'll eventually take the hint when you stop helping the undeserving.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Sometimes you just can't keep them at bay. I just pickup one that thinks I should do my work for free and not even charge for the parts. Well I see how it goes later as I got his chainsaw and there is a bill for it.

He probably going to get me to tell him where to go. I don't need customers like that.

NormK Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
A lot of the people who come here have been told by others to bring their stuff to me because other places just say they don't fix that stuff. I had put a set of rings in a mates 24 a few weeks ago and it stopped for some reason and he took it to his local small mower shop (it is a 40 min drive for him to my place) He was telling Harvey at the shop that I had just put a set of rings in it and his reply was nobody does that anymore

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Neither of you have an obligation to lift a finger. Just tell them to eat sand.
Can't believe they expect you to wear the cost of parts and incur a loss helping the bludgers??
(Bludger is a UK English term for freeloader/layabout in case you're wondering AVB).

AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Originally Posted by Mowerfreak
Neither of you have an obligation to lift a finger. Just tell them to eat sand.
Can't believe they expect you to wear the cost of parts and incur a loss helping the bludgers??
(Bludger is a UK English term for freeloader/layabout in case you're wondering AVB).
And I show him the end of my driveway when he wanted me to fix his flat for $7 when the inner itself costs me $10. He went away complaining but welcome to go to any other shop to get that $149 chainsaw fix but most will not even touch them now.

NO wonder I am considering closing down when I hit retirement at 65. Three years to go.

NormK Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi AVB,
dealing with the public particularly when you are working from home, regardless of what you are doing people expect you to be cheap.
I had a bloke bring a whipper snipper here today that he just said wasn't running, I did all my tests and came to the conclusion it had been straight fueled. After a few questions I was able to establish he had bought/obtained it not running and he had never been able to get it running. I just threw it in the whipper snipper pile to go to the scrap

Last edited by NormK; 11/03/21 01:56 PM.
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I know Norm. It just some years they seems to just come out of the woodwork and it does gets irritating especially when the vendors are also causing problems. I go through this every few years. Just the with Covid it just seems worst this time around, plus as I get older it bothers me more.

I move from an area that had the nickname Poor Dog and it had it for a reason as they wouldn't even give a poor dog a biscuit. Have you ever heard the term "It a dog eat dog world"? I have seen pack of neighbor dogs turn on one, kill it and then eat it as they were so hungry. It is a sight I don't want to see again.

I was trying to get some info from vendor recently, email them and got no response for two weeks so I emailed again. Finally I got a phone a week later. The rep started right off by saying he had been calling everyday for three weeks and I would not answer the phone. Well I got VOIP phone setup that records every phone call number coming and going; there was no such calls. I told him that he had already lost the sell of three rolls of saw chain to my Oregon supplier. That was well over a $1000 if I had brought from him but instead cost me a little $1300 for the better chain. IF he was calling he could instead emailed the info or even just mailed it.

It bad enough customer try to jerk me around but when a vendor does it is worst. I now looking for a new vendor to replace them. They just don't know it that I am but should be able figure it out by the sales drop. The sales had already dropped in half due to after market belt problems but it looks to be under $1000 or less this year as I replace them. But of course a big corporation don't care about the small customer that help build their company over the years.

A few years ago I had a main after market supplier that supposedly closed down to do annual inventory the next thing I knew they had completely shutdown. That left me in a severe bind as I orders awaiting for them to re-open during my busy season here. It took nearly six months to find reliable replacement vendors. I ended up with a couple OEM distributors which which was actually a good thing.

When to the whipper snippers here if it is curve shaft model they are pretty well scrap everytime due to repair costs. It about the same for the cheaper four cycle models. Only the Stihl 4 mix and the Shindaiwa ones are worth fixing due to oiling problem of the cheaper units.

VOIP = Voice Over Internet Protocol

Moderated by  Bruce, Deejay 

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Newest Members
LawnLuke, chris s, _s.fletcher_, Waynefury, yambuk
16,845 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,730
Posts104,732
Members16,845
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace