Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (Dandare), 66 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by CJay - 19/07/24 12:34 AM
Villers engine numbers
by Bevan12666! - 17/07/24 06:43 AM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by PK5 - 11/07/24 05:16 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 05/07/24 04:55 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Topic Replies
SB45 Resto
by deviosi - 26/07/24 09:30 AM
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by NormK - 22/07/24 12:08 PM
Villers engine numbers
by maxwestern - 18/07/24 05:54 PM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by NormK - 11/07/24 08:39 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 08/07/24 06:31 AM
HORSE MOWER - Port Melbourne - c1910-1930
by Alan M - 04/07/24 08:43 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
AVB Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Glad to hear that the Aussies has gotten control of the Covid-19 Virus or at least that the reporting I am seeing here. We here are right the opposite with daily new infections at 100K to per day now and climbing. The Prez says we are rounding the corner. But it is just bottom corner instead of the top corner.

Hopefully you guys can stay on the right path. Maybe after this weeks nightmare of elections is over then things can can improve here. Store shelves are getting bare again so I went ahead and me a supply of coffee and TP today. 3 cans and 8 rolls will only last a little longer while since I am by myself. Boy I drink too much coffee.

Portal Box 6
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi AVB,
Australia has been on top of the virus for months it was only Victoria that got out of control. We have been pretty much locked down since March and it has pretty much destroyed the economy but hopefully things will start to get better slowly now we can go out a bit. I went past the local tip yesterday and the cars were lined up outside trying to get in for about 500 meters.
Your Prez has been saying you are rounding the corner with the virus since it started, must be a slow left hander with not a lot of camber on it. We can't even comprehend the sort of numbers you are talking, it is mind boggling. Still have no idea what all the panic buying of TP was all about, just amazing how these ideas flow through the community somewhere and all of a sudden it is happening all around the world.
Keep your head down and try to stay safe.

1 member likes this: markeleven
AVB Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I know if we all here just follow the guidance would really help but lately over 75% of the people will not even wear a mask in the stores. I still wear one as I remember my bout with pneumonia years ago and how many years it took me to fully recover. It not fun to not be able to breathe at all at times and my lungs rattled for years with tiny bubbles popping late at night when it was very quite.

I got go in for annual check up soon so I can a renewal of my blood pressure med prescription. I rather not do it as that place will be dangerous this time around.

And yes the TP things was and is still strange thing but I think everyone was thinking this virus was like the flu with a lot run off at both ends if you get my drift. What I call the high trots and low squats. But this virus is different from I have read. It seems more of a system wide problem.

Anyways it sometimes pays to a loner.

What I don't get is why the Prez is listening to a Neurologist and not to the Infectious diseases doctors, but that maybe it is because he agrees with him.

As for the economy, yes it is down quite a bit here too. But to me it is not as bad most thinks it is just everyone is getting a taste what is like to poor where you got to be carefully how you spend your money and not be so wasteful. Some of country folks can survive where the those in the big cities are really suffering.

Our home planet Earth is actually getting a chance to recover a little from all of our abuse as the pollution levels drop. I haven't seen the sky so blue since our 911 shutdown. Even the wildlife seems to be coming back somewhat now as not as many are being killed by all of the vehicles on the roads.

Forum Historian
Hi AVB
I have to agree.

In these times politicians must listen to the appropriate science.

It will be interesting how things pan out in North America over
the next 48 hours.

I hope common sense prevails, but that term seems to be
a problem in itself.

May God bless America.

-------------------------
Jack

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Here we go once again with this clown running (sorry running is not the right word) Victoria what an absolute fool of an excuse for a man and he keeps running around patting himself on the back claiming our hotel quarantine system is gold standard and the best in the world. What a fool

AVB Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Don't feel bad Norm. We can't seem to get rid of the clowns over here either especially the former biggest clown. It looking to be at least June before my age range can even get a chance at the vaccine shots and I am 61, probably be 62 before the shots. So I got to be on my best behavior and wear masks when someone is around. Boy that mask gets in the way working on equipment. Anyway I got to go and buy more of the disposable masks Sunday but I am needing a new engine cleaning wand. The old one just got eaten out by the detergents and rust.

Politicians are bad about credit for anything that might make them look good and downplay anything that don't. We got some voters here that are so brain washed now that they absolutely refuse to accept the election results. I got one nut down the road that just keep putting more flags, banners, and signs.

All this is affecting my business costs so I am having to raise my prices just to break even again. Maybe some common sense will break though by our Summer here. Anyway I going to freezing my tail feathers all next week. Boy Winter like to hit hard late in the season.

And when I thought I was about through having to buy large sockets, I had to buy a 46mm Impact socket. Oh well more weight to hold down the tool box. The socket weighs near a half pound or better. Local shops wanted nearly 60 usd for it but I one through Amazon for 21 usd.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi AVB,
I feel your pain, that is a big socket

Forum Historian
Hello AVB and Norm

I feel your pain about the former biggest clown.

I have always followed your country via credible news services like PBS and NBC.
I like the comedy show hosts too - Seth M and Steven C.

I will remember this one for a long time: -

AVB Offline OP
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Boy did that hit the nail on the head. It too bad that I can't stay up that late to see this shows. I tend to go to roost and get up with the chickens. It would be outright funny if there wasn't so much truth mixed in there...

One thing about what happen just showed how brainwashed people can become. Well I just waiting to the Senate Clown Show trial to end. I pretty well know what the outcome will be when people are brainwashed. This how Hitler got his foot hold. Boy I sure hope we are not head in that direction.

But things sounds like a Mission Impossible theme where they say "If caught we will disavow any knowledge of your actions." or something like that which exactly is going on at the trial.

Oh well back to Pandemic we are finally getting a few shots out there. Less than 10% of the population has gotten both shots. Boy that is great progress, not. There is only 340+ million of us here so 30 million is a lot. That's going on a long trip with only a 10% tank of fuel across a desert that you need at least 90% tank of fuel. I reckon I be wearing a mask all year again. Boy they are bother working on equipment but I keep one handy for meeting customers.

Moderated by  Bruce, Deejay 

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Newest Members
LawnLuke, chris s, _s.fletcher_, Waynefury, yambuk
16,845 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,730
Posts104,732
Members16,845
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace