Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (QSR), 291 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Apprentice level 2
Done

[Linked Image]

Membership information
Novice
[Linked Image]

Thanks for the rotation of photo Buckets. Here is another that done the same. I really need some identification so I can find a manual hopefully on this site.

prd Offline
MOD & GREENFIELD TECHNICIAN
G'day geenhorn,

I've got a manual for that beast but it's in paper form. I can mail you a copy. I'l PM you if your interested. If one of the moderators is interested I can post a copy for scanning so it can go on the subscription area. Posting paper is a bit old school but I no longer have a functioning scanner and can't be bothered to buy one smile

Cheers,

G'day all,

We do have a copy of the 'Super 8' IPL, over in the subscription section for Greenfield manuals & IPL's.

On this webpage; https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...field_Ride-On_Parts_List_.html#Post12089

It's the file 'Greenfield_HD8_Parts_List.pdf' - this is actually for the Greenfield 'Yellow-painted' 'Super 8' 'third model'. We've now worked out that the 'HD8' designation is a more correct one for the 'Red-painted' 'second model'.

prd, what are the pics like in your copy? Some of the ones in our current PDF aren't great quality, though the text is all quite legible.
This is about the worst one;

[Linked Image]

BTW, the drive belts for the 'Super 8' are front [cutter] B71, rear [wheel drive] A150. These are just standard industrial V-belts, available from the likes of bearing shops etc.

Cheers,
Gadge

"ODK Mods can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you..."

"Crazy can be medicated, ignorance can be educated - but there is no cure for stupid..."
Apprentice level 2
Tried to lighten the dark areas as well.

[Linked Image]

Novice
Thanks for all your efforts. I printed the whole manual now that I know that it is a Super 8 for yellow and HD8 for red. Looks like I have to track down a GT905 pulley before I think of restoring it. Anyone got a spare?

Hi geenhorn,

Not criticism, just a tip here; part numbers alone are not really a complete description; none of us here at ODK have the Greenfield parts lists memorised. cool

So it's best to include the parts list name for it, and a short precis of what it actually does, if you can.

Cheers,
Gadge

"ODK Mods can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you..."

"Crazy can be medicated, ignorance can be educated - but there is no cure for stupid..."
prd Offline
Ah, I see from my ol' Super HD8 cattledog that you are referring to the Honda clutch pulley assembly.

Unfortunately can't help at the moment. I've mentioned before on other threads that parts and donor machines for the HD8's are much in need and thin on the ground. To that end I intend to collect a few for parts with the intention that parts be available free and freely to ODKers and other enthusiasts. Sadly, at the moment the collection stands at one 'red' machine and the clutch on these is of course different to the one you need. One of the problems is making the grave decision that one of these rare beasts needs to be relegated to 'donor' status.

If I can place a plug here, if anyone becomes aware of a HD8 for sale in sunny Queensland that may be at the end of its life and has a few organs to donate, please let me know.

Also, I've parted out 3 tractor series machines, 2 evolutions, 1 mini tractor ( and a partridge in a pear treeee smile ) and if anyone needs bits that they think I may have these are also available free and freely. No engine parts, just frames

Cheers,

Last edited by prd; 29/04/17 06:20 AM.
Novice
To PRD

My Yellow tractor 8 with no aluminium nose cone needs a rear axle as its axle fatigue cracked through the weld. I rewelded it but hard to get true. I would also like to know its year and what it is called. [Linked Image]

prd Offline
G'day geenhorn,

I guess it's a Tractor 8 but it is intriguing. I've not seen that front end without the white insert or that style of decal before. Also the rear mugguard and associated transmission cowl shape is different - more like that on the later version of the HD8 (i.e the HD8 with the same body shape as your white one but with the forward sloping mudguards) and not entirely the same as PhippH's machine. Also the rear tyre size? Perhaps there is a chance the engine is original and so the code may be a pointer to date. Also, the tractors I've seen have a 4 digit serial number (sometimes followed by a letter) stamped on the top of the front axle beam mounting channel. I'd be interested to know if you have this number and what it is.

I'll check on the axle but I've already given away a couple locally, one is broken like yours, one has been badly repaired for the same reason, one is bent,........let me get back to you.

Cheers,

Last edited by prd; 01/05/17 07:31 AM.
Novice
I bought this greenfield for $50 to use its front wheels on my later one. Got caught out as this one has 5/8 inch front king pins and my other has 16mm and they do not interchange. Its motor is seized but I do have another larger 400cc electric start motor to replace it.
The Mates Shed at Inglewood Queensland gets mowed with the Techumesh powered Greenfield 10 hp that replaced a 8.5 hp Briggs. The fellows there thinks it gives the best finish so tomorrow I will give it another trim. There are lots of trees so fast forward reverse pedal is a bonus.

prd Offline
Evening geenhorn,

50 squids is a bargain!

If your interested I'm still curious about the engine code and ship's serial number.

BTW, it's no bid I'm afraid on the axle. All the ones I have here are wreckage one way or another. When Santa finally comes good and brings me a lathe I'd like to investigate some sort of repair scheme.

Cheers,

Novice
Hi prd

The non aluminium nose cone has to be after 1983 but should be within 2 years after the date as they were talking of getting rid of the nose cone in 1982. These green decals were used in 1981 onwards. Its chassis number stamped onto the axle beam holder is 81800491. The motor assuming its original is 8hp B&S I/C and is 319cc and yellow air cooled cowel. It was seized but removal of the plug and WD40 spray in bore freed it up. I will get the engine number after I pull engine out.
Rear axle has been rewelded by myself. It was slightly bent after weld but I ground out the weld on the 91 degree side and put lots of weld in and let it cool. Presto, now 90 degrees so I will use it to get it going at least. I wonder if you can run tubeless tyres with these original alloy rims. I am a metal polisher and one of the rims has had sparkle added. I think the mower may restore well as tinware is very good order.

Novice
Getting back to the 1966 Red Greenfield, owners have bought belts, a 66, 67 & 68. A 68 is recommended in the parts book but on the machine it slips due to not enough adjustment. I think that the V shape in the pulleys have wear that needs a smaller belt to cope. Any comments would be welcome.

gml Offline
Greenfield Enthusiast
evening all,i will be hunting for belts for my old red shortly, i think i will go to a industrial belt shop and see what i come up with,i have nearly finished cosmetic resto on my g40,

prd Offline
Evening geenhorn and gml,

Sounds like your a handy bloke to have on the welder smile

This is very interesting! Your suggesting this is a very late model tractor! My own tractor is from '82 (I think) and also has a green sticker. And the black striped nose decal seems more 'forward' looking than retro now that I think about it. But what about the mudguard style? Perhaps I'm wrong about that too.

Very interesting info on the intention to remove the aluminium nose cone post '82. Is this from memory or documents? Either way I'm super keen to hear more!

About the belts for the 'red'. Wher did they get these sizes? Are you saying they have a catalogue for that old girl?

gml, if your interested I now have the belts off my beast. If you like I can pop into the bearing shop with them and get them to measure them on their device. Now That I think about it if everything else is equal we could have taken that belt size and measured the height difference between the g40 and the g65 and been be able to come up with a good number for your mates machine geenhorn.?? Should have thought of that earlier.

Cheers,

Last edited by prd; 05/05/17 08:39 AM.
gml Offline
Greenfield Enthusiast
thank's for the offer prd, i have a set of old belts that came with it so it shouldn't be to hard to chase them up,bloody cold down here!

prd Offline
Morning all,

Still T-shirt weather up here gml smile

geenhorn, That Tractor 8 of yours still intrigues me. I was out with the wrecking pile and looking at the bonnet of one of the anniversarys that I've got and started thinking. The anniversarys (at least some) had the aluminium insert so they were using the insert up until 1987 at least? Also it has a similar '3 stripe' decal just behind the insert in a similar style to most of the Tractor models I've seen.

The serial number is also interesting and is completely different to any other Tractor model number I've seen. In fact it has a similar number of digits to the HD8's.

I'm still wondering if it is a very early Tractor.........

prd Offline
G'day again geenhorn,

Did your mate with the red beast get the belt problem sorted? There is a lot of adjustment in the slot that provides the tension adjustment (adjusts the position of the shaft that the pulleys under the front of the engine ride on) and so if a B68 is too big then a 67 should fit.

However if the problem is that the belt is sitting so far down on either the engine pulley or the cutter deck pulley that the belt is riding in the bottom of the groove rather than up in the vee, no amount of adjustment will help. This indicated by a 'wear shine' in the bottom of the pulley groove. Pulleys with less wear are the only fix.

How are you getting on with your barnfind?

Cheers,

P.S. Where did your mate get the numbers for the belt??

Last edited by prd; 07/05/17 05:07 PM.
Novice
Hi prd & gml

The belt that worked best was the B66. He let me mow half an acre with Big Red, wow I rode on a 51 year old Greenfield. You could smell burning rubber though. By the time he did an acre the belt was history but still left a beautiful finish. He intends to get a kevlar B66 belt for replacement. I will keep you in touch. Belt size was given to them by a Greenfield employee who said the parts book stated B68, and B68 does not work with worn pulleys.

Pulley for barnfind is a possibility. I can get a pattern I think. I am not in a hurry though. I think I can still live for another 20 years.

I have a B&S 11HP Stiga to work on urgently. What a weird mower, articulated in middle of frame with triple cutters out the front. Motor goes but has hole in bottom of petrol tank, takes ordinary car battery at the back. I think it is about 1976. I cant find a thread on it yet. Made in Sweeden and imported by Rover. Seems to have same differential as Rover Rancher.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mr Davis, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545