Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (Jeffery), 357 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 26/05/24 07:43 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
Ogden power push mower
by JEH - 12/03/24 02:50 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 01/06/24 11:09 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 30/05/24 10:40 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 23/05/24 01:00 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Novice
I've got this same exact problem with my Victa T-A-C.
The nipple where the decompressor tubing plugs onto the back of the carby has simply snapped off from the carby body.

I'm stumped as to how I'll repair it?

Membership information
Administrator - Master Technician
Hi oldmatty, and a warm welcome to the forum. It's great to have you aboard. grin
Now to your problem;
There is only one sure way to rectify this prob and that is to replace the carby body...the reason is that its not possible to re-glue or attach the nipple back in place properly and air leaks will inevitably cause probs and erratic running of your T-A-Cut.

Your machine uses the Victa G4 carby and the body is available as a spare part in the Online store....Click HERE
This body is used on both the powertorque and Series 80 full crank engines (ie, Victa T-A-Cut)
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Novice
oh ok
i was hoping to just drill and tap a very small hole and screw a plastic hose fitting in with a bit of plastic-weld on the threads to seal her up cos really its only a vac line for the decompressor

Last edited by oldmatty; 15/12/10 06:39 AM.
Junior Technician
How short has it busted off???

If its the kind with the white bit/barb on the end, i have just put the hose on whats left of the black and it is usually long enough.

Another option could be, depending on where you live, a dead victa is only about $20 away. Chances are if you clean the carb out and put it back on said dead mower it will go like a beauty and you will not want to wreck it.

Bob.

Novice
its broken off right down at the base of the carby so literally no chance of connecting a hose to it

Ahh im just down in Geelong

Pushrod Honda preferrer
Matty, if your epoxy glue will bond properly to both the carburetor and the small barb or elbow you want to fit, and if you put a fair-sized fillet (i.e. a substantial ring of epoxy to join the barb to the carburetor) for a few mm all around, you can fix it in a way that will be stronger than the original carburetor (which isn't saying much). The problem is that there are many kinds of plastic that epoxy will not bond to, and unless you do a test piece first, you won't know whether you have a fix or a mess.

Novice
hmm maybe ill try epoxying it on there and just redrilling the vac line again after its set to open it up again

can only try i guess

Pushrod Honda preferrer
That wasn't what I was describing: you had spoken of screwing a barb into the cover, then expoxying it as a reinforcement. That is what I said might be stronger than the original, if the epoxy bonded to both parts. Just gluing something to a surface with epoxy is not very strong at all. It is up to you of course - worst case, it falls off.

Novice
ahh ok yeah sorry a bit of confusion
i'll still drill and fix a new barb in there
hopefully will work ok

Administrator - Master Technician
Hi oldmatty, I hope your repair method works for you...Just remember, one extremely small air leak could give you buckets of problems. I sought advice from Bruce (our forum administrator) for you; his recommendation was for a new carby body as the best option also.
Best of luck with it,
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
Worst case find a junked mower on the side of the road, find a carby on ebay etc, the victa parts are a dime a dozen

Junior Technician
Matty, i will be in Geelong over the weekend. I will throw a carb body in the car.
Check your inbox i will PM you my phone number.

Cheers, Bob.

Novice
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can obtain a downloadable copy of the Victa 80 Series Tilt-A-Cut Lawn Edger... I have just inherited one and it needs some serious work carried out on it to restore it back to it's original condition and working again...

Any help with this matter would be much appreciated and thanks for reading...Gazza56

Forum Historian
Hello Gazza

I think the Tilt-A-Cut manual is here:

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5470

Hope this helps.
-----------------------------
JACK

Trainee
Hi,

I've only just joined and the information available has been amazing to read. I'm currently trying to access the Repair Maintenance Manual for a Victa Tilt-A-Cut Power Edger, the Model Number is CA901A6, but I'm having problems with accessing of this. Can you kindly advise. Many thanks, Sherrie

This was the link that I've tried to access. https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5470

Last edited by Sherrie; 16/08/15 08:29 PM.
Pushrod Honda preferrer
Hi Sherrie, welcome to Outdoorking.

The Tilt-A-Cut manual is here:
https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9072#Post9072

Trainee
Hi Grumpy, Many thanks for your welcome message.

I've clicked on the Tilt-A-Cut Manual that you so kindly provided, and that link opened, but when I clicked on the actual Manual PDF File, the message read: You do not have access to download this attachment. Maybe there is a time frame on being a Member before I'll be able to access the Manual ?

Sorry it took a little while to reply to you, I didn't realise I had received a reply. Just learning about this Forum/Site as you can see. Kind regards, Sherrie

Pushrod Honda preferrer

Trainee
Hi Grumpy,

Thanks again for your reply.

I've just tried that link, but unfortunately it read:

Content Unavailable
Sorry! The content is no longer available.

We are sorry to inform you that the content you are looking for is not available in our website now

Forum Historian
Hello Sherrie,

I do not want to interfere with Grumpy's handling this.
To test your pdf reader try downloading this:

Attached Images
victa_tilt_a_cut_parts.pdf (94.22 KB, 24 downloads)
TILT-A-CUT - Parts List
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Nealy, Pete1nlancs, Ron R, catthewhde, Mypwta
16,805 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,718
Posts104,655
Members16,805