Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
3 members (NormK, MowingManiac, Joe_Carroll), 296 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
HT6 Offline OP
De-registered
Hi all,

I Finally took the plunge and got myself a Tiger Marine assy that was to good to pass up....Free" often Entices one to overlook their lack of room lols.

Its running an unmarked Tiger 125 engine and carby assy.
Ell-den Dog assy in very good condition. Missing only the air filter assy. If anyone has a spare filter assy,could you please ppm me with a price or trade.

.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Engine Serial seemingly denotes approx 1960 man date.

Engine has been stripped,honed new rings,gaskets,seals,throttle cable and ht lead.

All parts have been recoed or repaired as required. Drive shaft and gears are in excellent condition,it appears its seen very little use
Here are some progress images of its restoration and parts breakdown.

I no longer restore specials nor do I keep Avocado hammer anymore,so Ive yet to decide on a colour,as I only focus on Rotomo.

I was going to run a straight polished alloy or Platinum/Alluminium painted dogleg assy,with a deep brunswick green engine cowl and starter as per Rotomo styling.

Any suggestions would be good.

It was running Original black for the dogleg and of course Avocado hammer for the engine.

Membership information
Qualified Senior
Hi Blue.
how do you tell if its a Tiger engine? they look like a victa 18 from the pics you have?i have heard them mentioned now and again but i cant spot a noticeable difference.
as far as your colour goes. it looks pretty good just shiny like that.bazz

If my collection is complete ( then how come i keep buying stuff ? ) 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
HT6 Offline OP
De-registered
Hey bazz,
Yeah shiny is good...was gonna polish the cowl too but cant justify the time. Think polish dogleg and green cowl then send her of to market! Thanks for the input.

Dont look to hard for discernable differences. Tiger was victas industrial/marine spinoff which started I believe around 1957. Prior to this the rotomo engine was used in varying.configurations but sold under the victa brand. Anyways essentially they are model 4 engines with industrial applicable fittings.ie adjust able carbs bracketey and air filter styles. The early tiger engine was stamped tiger" in place of Victa" on the crankase and the serial sequence was not inline with the lawn mower run. Around 1960 they just let them blank. Essentially its the same engine as your mower variety just without the Victa brand. Tiger sold engines for industrial/marine,applictions and also for generic or store brand mowers eg, Hg palmer. So to answer your.question. Its basically the same engine...no real difference other than the ommission of any victa logo on the crankcase and they only ran the model 2 or 3 barrel assy to suit the bun style or clamp on muffler.

HT6 Offline OP
De-registered
Some Progress Images...it appears my camera only likes silver and not green sorry for the fuzz,Ill get my daughter to take the finals...lols.

Dogleg complete,Engine finished,painting finished just reassembling now.

Still looking for a marine Air filter assy if anyone has one,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Administrator - Master Technician
congrats Mal, on a fantastic job of the leg and cowling, fuel tank etc....geez mate, it looks brand new....
Can't wait to see it finished. wink
good1
cheers

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Qualified Senior
Sweeeeet rockon

If my collection is complete ( then how come i keep buying stuff ? ) 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Apprentice level 3
Beautiful work smile

HT6 Offline OP
De-registered
Thanks Guys, appreciate the comments.

Nearly there just wish my camera didnt dull down my green it looks a hideous shade,and shows up inperfections I cant even see with my eyes....hmmm maybee im getting blind,sighs*

Anyways starter rope and handle,just about finished fabricating a new drive dog ,need to tidy up the throttle control a bit more. Add A sticker,gonna go the early model 4 style on the cowl to break up the green a bit(the tiger repros are to hard to find) I hate waiting! Give the paint a few more days and give her a polish make a display stand and thats about it....oh and give it a decent run I guess.

Erm and yes I couldnt wait for an air filter assy,so i opted for the one John West rejected,yes apparently he made air filters as well. Smoked tuna in olive oil actually with a mesh insert dome nut and pipe,fully functional of course lols.....it will do till i can source a genuine....

Thanks again for the feedback guys,ive enjoyed this resto,as its been a change from the rotos and my first marine.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Qualified Junior
Awesome work your done blue looks in better nick now than it would have new,A little red on it like the old mod victa badge might look good too? smile...

HT6 Offline OP
De-registered
Thanks heaps mate, appreciate the comments.....it did have a red drain plug which I thought seemed a little late for this serial...hopefully the sticker will break up the green. Where do you suggest the red? Sounds like a plan...Just finishing of a model 5 so when I get the red out .I could stencil a smiley face and run it across the cowl front if I get the time.

Qualified Junior
Yeah I was thinking along the same lines, I like the look of the old Victa's with the green base and red/silver badge it tops them off I think...

Qualified Senior
Yeah, that has come up a treat Blue, as always top notch work, are the clamp threads and wing nuts etc painted or wire wheeled brass? is it the industrial carb with the needle? my personal opinion is with the sticker that will be enough otherwise it may look over done. Dont send it to the market! keep it in your shed, you have plenty of room lmao. (nice work John West)

Last edited by jonesy; 31/03/14 02:19 AM.

If you dont make a mess you aint making anything.
HT6 Offline OP
De-registered
Thanks mate smile Wire wheel Gasps* Noooooo never on brass lols. Naaa you know how I love to polish,just on the buff mate,didnt get too excited but. Nope std carb,but I have the industrial adjustable needle style in stock,actually Id never thought about it till you mentioned it:) No sell? but i dont have a boat...or water for that matter frown ok just red nut it is then,besides im too lazy to make a stencil lols.

Qualified Senior
Blue, do you still have this beauty, there is a air filter Here

[Linked Image]

cheers.

If you dont make a mess you aint making anything.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019