Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,416 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 10
Novice
G'day all.

Found this slightly messy beauty in hard rubbish yesterday - I love tinkering, although mainly with classic cars, so I thought I'd try to get it back up and running.

Am completely new to mowers (apart from the weekly lawn trim) so can anyone help me with identifying it a little further?

The sticker on the front reads: Victa V160 'Big V' and from what I've gleaned on this forum over the last hour or so it's the Victa 160cc engine with what looks like a G4 plastic carby. Am I heading in the right direction?

It has no starter so will need to source one of those. Any ideas what type I need? Can I use one of the Zip starters?

The casing doesn't have any holes in it so I am not sure whether this would have originally been fitted with a cowl.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Llessur; 08/04/14 01:23 AM.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,291
Likes: 4
Master Technician
***
Awesome find there Llessur,wish I could find one myself.Not entirely sure as to what model it is,but it defiantly would have had a cowl.It wouldn't have been as big as the VC-160,it would have been small like the VC-Sports.It would't have been a Sports one I was just using that as in regards to the size,not the shape.I'm really not sure what it would have had on it.It should have had a G4 carby although it could have been changed to an LM.On the bottom of the crankcase there would be an engine number.Possibly on the carby side,if it's an 80 series then the number would be on the opposite side to the cylinder.If you could post that up I could help you identify it a little better.All in all a good find.


Here for a good time,not a long time.

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1