Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (TonyD, 270win), 3,672 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#116566 05/11/22 06:00 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Novice
Hi everyone,

I have just successfully repaired the clutch in my trusty Greenfield thanks to the help found in these forums.

Now I'd like to shout my mower a new properly fitting battery, it has an el cheapo battery i found at a swap meet that doesn't physically fit.

What model number battery is the correct one, my mower is an Evo 3 Mark 2 13 / 32

Thanks,
Raff

Last edited by Raff.; 05/11/22 06:00 PM.
Raff. #116569 06/11/22 08:25 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Raff,
if the battery works why change it, if it is small and moving around, just pack it with a block of wood or something similar

Raff. #116583 07/11/22 11:36 AM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Novice
Hi NormK,

The battery that I have in the mower is way too large and fouls the linkages for the pedal at times.

I have it sort of packed in there with timber, but it still slides about.

There are a couple of local sellers on social media advertising good cheap batteries that I was hoping would be a perfect fit.

I think it's a U1 type I need.

Just wondering if that's the right type before I go and grab the $30 battery I found.

Last edited by Raff.; 07/11/22 11:36 AM.
Raff. #116588 07/11/22 04:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Raff,
just measure the space you have and get a battery that will fit in the hole with the terminals that line up with you leads

Raff. #116592 07/11/22 05:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
G'day Raff and Norm,

Here are the different sizes https://www.centurybatteries.com.au/products/lawn-garden

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...;_nkw=ride+on+mower+battery&_sacat=0

185x125x175 or 195x130x183

Most of my ride on mowers I would fit a small car battery ,new they were $60. saves spending $100. for a ride on battery,
but if you want the mower original fit a battery that fits the hole and if you are missing the clamps ,go to Bunnings and
get some 6 mm all thread and bent a couple of hooks and with some right angle steel make a battery clamp.

Cheers
Max.

Attachments
MOWER BATTERY CLAMP.png (348.83 KB, 37 downloads)
Raff. #117779 22/03/23 04:03 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 37
Likes: 3
Novice
I am not recommending anything but I am managing to start my Fastcut 34" with a gel battery, which is smaller in size, a tad taller, than the lead acid it replaced. I had to put longer bolts in for the bracket. probably done a minute on the starter motor, too soon to tell about charging . I am still w1orking on the motor etc. It came from amobility scooter and cost me nothing as I already had it. It is 3 years old but hardly used.

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 37
Likes: 3
Novice
this gel battery is working fine and dandy. it means I can ride my greenfield into my house and charge it indoors as there should be no fumes to worry about / kidding.


Moderated by  Mr Davis, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1