I'm looking to re-do irrigation gear in the lawns and garden beds but I'm not sure if I want to go 13mm or 19mm or 25mm... Poly pipe or PVC...

In the past I've used 13mm in gardens and that's worked fine when combined with raised bubblers like in the image. They keep above any mulch and the spike can be relocated with ease. Great for trees and shrubs but useless for my wall of Agapanthus across the front.

With 19mm in the lawn it's just dawned on me that the connection back at the tap is only 12mm so am I really getting the right solution? Do I buy larger connectors? Right now I have an oscillating sprinkler manually moved around all areas, which is fine, but I want to install something more permanent - and haven't dismissed a fully automated system yet as prices keep falling..

What do Members use and does it do the job for you?

Does the increase in size merely push more volume down the pipe - does it mean that heads spray further? What's the kpa impact?

Have been looking at the Hunter range of pop-ups, some with rotators (my preference) and some with static..

When designing in-lawn pipe, should I create a closed loop (like a square) or run them all in a straight line?

Thanks for your help!

TC.

Attached Images