Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (ir_baboon_73, Herriman, Merro27), 3,118 guests, and 2,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 373
Likes: 5
Southern Cross Registrar
Hi Jack

Here is a new one a Marcus Claric??? I thought Marcus Clark ??
A quick search shows up nothing
Not mine I was asked do I know anything about it

Ian

Attachments
MC 2.jpg (37.62 KB, 59 downloads)
MC_1.jpg (41.34 KB, 59 downloads)
MC_3.jpg (24.89 KB, 59 downloads)
MC_4.jpg (32.53 KB, 58 downloads)
MC_5.jpg (27.88 KB, 58 downloads)
Last edited by CyberJack; 07/06/19 12:24 AM. Reason: Title
Portal Box 6
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Ian

Unfortunately I am not Jack, but I think you were right with Marcus Clark - it might just be my eyes but I see clark when I read the writing on the photos you posted

This image from trove seems to be the mower.

Regards
Tyler

Attachments
quick cut.JPG (143.57 KB, 50 downloads)
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Quote
Unfortunately I am not Jack, but I think you were right with Marcus Clark - it might just be my eyes but I see clark when I read the writing on the photos you posted
Hello Ian and Tyler
A few years ago I catalogued the Quick Cut as a stencil brand of
unknown origin. I have made no progress since then.

This machine was surely a stencil brand for Marcus Clark Ltd. of Crown Street,
Wooloongong.

I say 'stencil' because the Quick Cut was not exclusive to that company.
Finneys (Brisbane) also sold a mower by that name.

The issue for me has always been ... who made it?
Some ads say the Quick Cut was Australian-made ... but that is not conclusive. mad

Cheers
----------------------
Jack

Attachments
1941_01_northernstar_16january_p2.jpg (114.78 KB, 35 downloads)
Last edited by CyberJack; 07/06/19 11:28 PM. Reason: Correction.
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 373
Likes: 5
Southern Cross Registrar
***Wooloongong*** Wollongong My home town I worked there 'Marcus Clark' over the school holidays
Ian

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 373
Likes: 5
Southern Cross Registrar
Hi Jack Marcus Clark were only in Crown Street Wollongong They started in Sydney
Keen & Magellan streets are else where in NSW
Ian

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
G'day Ian

Many thanks for that correction.

Marcus Clark was such a Sydney institution that clearly
supported regional NSW. Their Lismore store was located at
Keen & Magellan.

The Quick Cut had a long production life.
The earliest ads date to 1929 - that rules out many early AUS makers.
The last ads to 1941 - just before pushie makers ceased production ...
for the war effort.

Cheers
--------------------------
Jack



Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,135
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1