The following is a small article about a rare NZ hand mower with some interesting features.
I would welcome any additional information, I have yet to find an example.

The N.Z. 'FLEXO' LAWN MOWER Co., Hereford Street, Christchurch.

-The mower with arched blades that throw the grass into the centre of the catcher.

-The mower with spring rocker mountings that move away from the sole plates when it comes in contact with obstructions... stones, nails, pieces of wood... etc.
and resumes the former cutting position immediately after the obstacle is passed.

Both these features were covered by New Zealand Patent number 67057 (Mounting of Knife-Drums of Lawn Mower - filed 6th May 1931 and published 24th March 1932)
- Consists. Of arranging the bearings of the drum n spindle to be movable in a direction to and from the sole plate and
in the provision of resilient cushioning elements tending to carry such bearings towards the sole plate.

And number 67060 ( Lawn Mower Knife - filed 6th May 1931 and published 30th June 1932)
-The invention is characterized in that each of the knives of the drum is of arched formation at the central part of its length and from which arched formation the knife is curved spirally to extend symmetrically in opposite directions to each end thereof.

The stated inventor was Charles James Henry Thomson, of 1048 Colombo Street, Christchurch (a British subject).

According to the advertisement published in The Press newspaper on the 8th August 1931,
each 'FLEXO' model (Ball Bearing 6 blades, Little Marvel Ball Bearing and the FPB -plain bearing), were available in three sizes; 14, 16 and 18 inches.
A glowing testimonial from James Young, the Curator of the Christchurch Botanical Gardens, was included in the advertisement.

I do not know who manufactured this mower, or where the parts were cast and assembled but we can probably assume that the local engineering firm, Scott Bros. Ltd, were involved.

The Flexo continued to be advertised in a Horowhenua and several Central Otago newspapers until the end of 1934 - but one model only, the 5-bladed ball bearing at 85 shillings.
I could find no records in the NZ Companies Register, one can speculate that competition lead to their demise especially from Masport.

Attached Images
FLEXO Mower 001.jpg (360.75 KB, 43 downloads)
67057 - Drawing.jpg (439.29 KB, 43 downloads)
Patent 67060.jpg (903.88 KB, 43 downloads)