Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Red Rum), 5,412 guests, and 1,486 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 5
Likes: 1
Novice
Picked up a non running rotavator with carb issues. With fuel in the top reservoir I can get the thing to run for 30 seconds.

When I dropped the carb off on blowing up the long fuel pipe it is solid with something, I couldn't get through. I sprayed with wd40 and was 5 minutes from putting it in the dishwasher when I broke through, however I don't know if Ive removed enough. I see in breakdown photos on the internet the long pipe being removed however I've also read that you shouldn't remove it. Can it be removed? And if so how, do I just pull / twist it? Will it go back in and fix if I do?

The diaphragm is damaged on the exit to the reservoir. The material inside the nobble of the exit flap is visible (threads visible?) (I've ordered another one). I assume that it must have run with this damage before the blockage as this carb has never been removed in a long while but Ill know in a few days when delivered

Incidentally how should you remove the carb / head bolts. They seam to suit a spanner but I couldn't find anything that really fitted (maybe just age and being botched removed previous?). For me a flat screw driver got them shifted. I had to remove the engine from the chassis and drop the fuel tank down. I cant see how I could have got to the bottom head bolt with the tank in situ (I'm pretty sure that's your meant to however)

On this unit the exhaust is in the way of the diaphragm chamber which is annoying.

Cheers

Tim

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
IF you're referring the below carburetor then they can be removed. Short one just unscrews but long is usually needing to be cut off as the plastic becomes to hard to remove from the brass tube.
[Linked Image]

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
If you're referring the below carburetor then they can be removed. Short one just unscrews but long is usually needing to be cut off as the plastic becomes to hard to remove from the brass tube.
[Linked Image]

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 5
Likes: 1
Novice
Managed to shift what ever it was with a full can of wd40 and a can of air. No idea what it was. If it was old gas it was well and truly welded.

Changed the diaphragm anyway, Starts first pull now!!! Chucks abit of smoke out on the bang/blow but it runs pretty sweet.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1