Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (Red Rum, TonyD, Merro27), 3,414 guests, and 1,718 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 349
Likes: 4
Apprentice level 4
Hi,

I have an old full crank engine maybe 80's vintage. Its the one with the oblong black cowl and fuel tank, plastic on top but metal where it bolts on. Separate geared starter on the side.

Anyway, its always been hard to start but would go well if the plug was perfectly clean etc.

Now it will not go at all and seems to be almost no spark. It has the separate ignition module which I checked with a multi-meter and it read 6.55K ohms. Apparently they should be about 4.5K ohms when new around 5's when used.

Is that likely to be the problem?

Does anyone know how far into the Powertorques they used that system? I had a look at one I have here but its all in the coil on that one.

I'll try to get one off an old mower first before I spring the $25 for a new one.

Thanks
Jeff

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 407
Likes: 2
LRT Offline
Qualified Junior

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 349
Likes: 4
Apprentice level 4
Thanks LRT,

I had a look at those threads and they certainly are very detailed but do not quite answer my question.

I think I may have found the problem in that the ignition module resistance certainly seems high (6.55 vs 4.5K)
but some suggest the engine will run at over 5 but not over 6.

I do not have any other ignition modules and I'm a bit reluctant to buy a new one until I am fairly certain.

Any input would be welcome.

All the best
Jeff


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1