Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (Jeffery), 357 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 26/05/24 07:43 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
Ogden power push mower
by JEH - 12/03/24 02:50 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 01/06/24 11:09 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 30/05/24 10:40 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 23/05/24 01:00 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Widget Offline OP
Apprentice level 3
Hey guys,

Came across this gardenline mower but can't figure out what engine it is. I('m guessing as the mower is a cheap mower originally from ALDI I believe, I'm thinking possibly a HONDA clone?.. though it looks a lil' different than my other HONDA clone... any ideas ? Would like to get a parts diagram for it before I start working on it.

[Linked Image from i998.photobucket.com]

Thanks smile

Membership information
Master Technician
Your correct it is a copy of a Honda and we call them Chonda's.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Widget Offline OP
Apprentice level 3
Originally Posted by Blumbly
Your correct it is a copy of a Honda and we call them Chonda's.

Thanks Blumbly :), ant idea which HONDA series/model it's a clone of ?

SENIOR TECHNICIAN

Widget,
I don't think anybody knows or cares as to what model they are a copy of, they are just lumped together as "Chondas" and just a disposable motor. If it doesn't run, clean the carby, if that doesn't work, put it in the bin

+1 to NormK.

This doesn't appear to be an exact copy of any Honda model, as Honda hasn't made any ~100cc OHV vertical shaft models AFAIK. The closest Honda would be the 118cc GXV120.

For valve clearances, the GXV120 specs should be OK to use [0.15mm In/0.20mm Ex].

In any case, the Chondas generally only copy the core engine; the ancillaries like ignition, carby/air cleaner and linkages, muffler etc. are often quite different.

Cheers,
Gadge

"ODK Mods can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you..."

"Crazy can be medicated, ignorance can be educated - but there is no cure for stupid..."
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
+2 to NormK.

I wonder when the consumer is going to learn that buying cheap means it is disposable item. Lately I have been getting those type of equipment brought in the shop and it just a complete waste of my time. Most time I just refuse to even bother with them. Even being fairly good at creating miracle repairs by making custom fabricated parts some things are beyond even us magicians. I still haven't got the lead to gold thing working.

These engines are usually made by fly by night companies meaning they make a lot product and then just disappear on paper before anyone need repairs.

Qualified Senior
In China their government will pay all costs to set up a factory which will then pump out thousands upon thousands of cheap rubbish clones, and not just engines, no such thing as intellectual property rights there, then the company will just as quickly fold up and disappear. The driving force is to bring as much US dollars into their system as possible, nothing else matters. They then lend that money to countries such as ours and we pay them a million dollars a day interest on it and we are small bananas compared to the interest places like America fork out everyday. I used to import from China and had many Chinese contacts that enlightened me to how it works. One of my customers had an idea for a range of T shirts. He took the designs to China and arranged to have proof samples printed. He went back when they were meant to be ready but having arrived a bit early he decided to spend a bit of time wandering through local markets. Imagine his surprise to find all his T shirt designs already on sale at the markets before he had even seen the samples.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
So that is how they do it Trev, no wonder the rest of the world is unable to compete. Further down the road, the countries they are lending US dollars to will not be able to repay the loans because they have massive unemployment problems reulting in severly reduced income tax revenue as a direct result of China destroying manufacturing world wide. At the moment Australia is just hanging on only by our exports of minerals being dug out of the ground

Widget Offline OP
Apprentice level 3
Thanks guys smile. Found it on side of road, so no money invested in it yet.. though I figure, if I can get it going, ill try get maybe $20 or so for it.. few bucks for future projects I guess. ill have a look at the HONDA GXV120, hopefully the carb is similar in-case I foget how it goes back together :p

Widget Offline OP
Apprentice level 3
Hey guys, thought I'd post an update. I ended up hosing it down with the pressure washer, came up nice.

Drained the old oil and filled with some new stuff. Put new fuel in, primed and it fired up. Mowed the lawn, seemed to do an alright job, though adjusting the base to level 3 or lower (shorter grass cutting) seems to make the mower cut out.. maybe because its 99cc ?

Either way, seems to run alright, even though I didnt take apart and clean the carb.. dont think it needed it.

Thanks again smile

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
At least there is one good thing with that carby, they put a primer on it

Novice
Hi Guys, I have a Billy Goat with a chonda engine, I picked up in a bulk lot at my ex work. It works quite well and has a fair bit of grunt when mowing tough stuff. After a long time between uses I resurrected it but was having trouble getting it to run (cutting out after 2-3 minutes). Did all the usual things like draining the tank and cleaning the carby, but it still kept cutting out. Swapped over the carby but the problem persisted. Also I had completely drained the fuel tank and checked the filter. In the model you have the fuel filter is a push-in about the diameter of a straw and about 2 inches long. This has nylon gauze along both sides (this had a hole in it which had been repaired in factory with a dab of super glue)To cut a long story short when I went to drain the tank again, to check I hadn't put the filter in wrong, I noticed there was very little fuel flowing out from the line. After loosening the fuel cap, fuel flowed quite freely. It turns out there is a rubber washer under the fuel cap which seals if tightened up too much and forms a vapour lock. Problem solved. Also you may consider changing the blade holder from the aluminium one to a Masport steel type as the ally ones are prone to shatter if they hit wood or rock.

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Nealy, Pete1nlancs, Ron R, catthewhde, Mypwta
16,805 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,718
Posts104,655
Members16,805
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019