Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 2,159 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#76000 14/06/16 03:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 637
Likes: 1
Qualified Senior
So I didn't go to school today... instead I got these 5 awesome mowers!
[Linked Image]

Went to the swap meet yesterday as well and got some parts, got a spare engine with the mowers.
[Linked Image]

Finally got my first Rotomo and it is an HG Noble! Not sure whether I will sell or keep, will have to see.

[Linked Image]

Also Next weekend I will be at the Caboolture Swap Meet selling, hopefully this will be my biggest stall yet. I hope to see some members there!

Last edited by CyberJack; 15/06/16 01:44 AM.

Thanks for reading!
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hi Kye

It must have been a hard decision - to have a day off school.

The machine that caught my eye is certainly the Minor MK6.
Not that rare, but this is a rare one - an 18" machine.
The popular ones were the 12" and 14". The reel, itself, is a
credit to the reel making craft. An expensive machine in the day.

The Qualcast 16 was Qualcast's first power mower.
This particular one is from the 1950s. A classic mower that
was living on borrowed time. I hope to write about them soon.

The dealer-plated Rotomo is a good find. Metal dealer
plates add provenance to any lawnmower.

The Atco-Villiers and tank are also great.
And I see you scored a potted plant too grin - representing
you softer, natural side.

All-in-all, a very good 'sick day'.

-------------------------
Jack

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 637
Likes: 1
Qualified Senior
Never would have known about them being rarer, I know nothing about Cylinder mowers.
Both it and the Qualcast will be for sale at Caboolture.

I have been offered a restored first model Rover for just the plate so far Jack, but he says he hates Rovers so $50 and its mine, can't beat that!

Both the tank and engine are a bit rough, but can be fixed. The plant is probably the newest thing in the picture lol.

One of my best sick days ever haha!


Thanks for reading!
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 637
Likes: 1
Qualified Senior
After much discussion and talk on my Facebook page I think I will keep the Rotomo, hubcaps and NOS blade bolts. The rest will be sold to other restorers, will hopefully finish, and create some projects!

I can finally compare the Buz-A-Cut to a Rotomo!
[Linked Image]


Thanks for reading!
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
I think that will be a worthwhile endeavour Kye.

I think there is more probability than not that your machine
(left) is a rare Buzz-A-Cut. Clearly a Victa copy.

I note the base has been 'spun' with just one angled turn (downward),
whereas the Victa base has two angled turns (downward and upward).

Looking forward to your findings.
---------------------------------------
Jack

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 637
Likes: 1
Qualified Senior
Yes that was the first thing I noticed about the Buz-A-Cut, its like a Rotomo, but simpler!

The base is one angle, like a plough disc, instead of making the engine just a bit higher or putting a purpose made dent to make room for the exhaust they just cut a hole, I think the wheels are simpler as well. Handle bars look much simpler... everything is just simple!

I think it is a Buz-A-Cut, but I am not certain. Hopefully we will find out in the future!

Also if you look on the base of the Buz-A-Cut you can see a black patch, that is were I have been sanding it down. Do you think that would be the right colour? would look strange with the black wheels.


Thanks for reading!

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92, sofini23
18,144 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1