Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
2 members (noileg, NormK), 306 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Qualified Senior
Scored this stuff today.

We went to an old push bike and mower repair place today, it was now just a run down shed.

I got lots of mower parts, like blades and carbies. Got some hubcaps to finish off my Special. And vintage push bikes of course! and a cool little thing to show people how the gears would work.

My favorite thing is this little push bike 2 stroke engine, it would sit above the back wheel and would power it instead of you peddling. I want to rebuild this, it would be my first non-mower restoration!

Sorry about bad pictures.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Another recent score is this Outboard I found in the scrap heap at my dads work yard.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A special shout out for all the members of my page Vintage Mowers: Buy Swap & Sell Australia! We just reached 700 members! I couldn't have done it without all of you guys!

Last edited by CyberJack; 30/05/16 02:49 AM. Reason: Topic heading.

Thanks for reading!
Membership information
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Good score Kye, you must work hard at tracking all this stuff down

Qualified Senior
It all seams to come to me Norm! haha.

To find all that good oil stuff a few weeks ago all I had to do was sit there and listen to someone tell his wife he had a pace spanner lol!

We found this stuff while clearing trees, we got to take it all! We could have taken more but we just took the BMX's and mowers parts. I saw some stuff on the way out that I wish I grabbed. We got enough though.

It will defiantly be one of my best scores, that bike engine is awesome!

Thanks for reading!
Apprentice level 4
Bloody hell Kye, They're BMX's from the 80's. You sure know how to make a bloke feel old!
Those bike engines were apparently fairly common back in the day. Probably similar to how those Chinese bike engines can be had from eBay these days. Although I can't see any of those being around in 40+ years

This
Is going straight to the pool room.
Qualified Senior
old oil bottles would have been common back in the day too! yet some are worth heaps!

Maybe the cheap stuff today will be even rarer then the rare stuff today since everything brakes so easy! Maybe the Chonda's that you all seam to hate will become the new Victa Automatic!

Thanks for reading!
Apprentice level 4
I got told by a bloke that restores antique furniture that a lot of the antiques he sees are the crap from the day as all the good stuff was used and worn out whereas the crap seemed to get little use.

Last edited by slashnburn; 26/05/16 06:19 AM.

This
Qualified Senior
It would make sense Slash.
less of the bad stuff would be used so it would be put out the back and sold later on, or just kept there until a collector comes 50 years later and finds a Victa Automatic sitting in its original box lol!

Thanks for reading!
Apprentice level 4
Wouldn't that be a treat, still in box!
If anyones going to find that one Kye it's you.

This
Apprentice level 4
I got told recently those plastic wheels on the BMX that we used to call "tuffs" are going for around $1000 a pair and from memory the "spin back" (non braked) rims were harder to come by. Legend has it that if the rims were buckled a day or two in mums freezer pulled them straight again.
What are the plans for the outboard leg? I reckon a Victa twin would look pretty flash on it.

This
Qualified Senior
It would kill me finding an Auto box with something inside Slash, what would I do?? open and damage the box to see whats inside, or look at the perfect box and wonder if I own a NOS Victa Automatic or a normal Model 4 Special.

Yes my dad has been talking to his friends about "Tuffs' tonight. $1000 for 2 wheels?? and I thought mower collectors were crazy!

I am not sure what to do with the outboard, either I try to fix the engine on it or I find a new one. I wouldn't mind a Villiers 7F outboard! Victa Twin would look good too!

Thanks for reading!
Apprentice level 4
I was thinking the same about the mower box. Would I open it open it or not? Would I try to open it from underneath so it still looks unmolestered? I reckon that outboard looks rebuildable if you were up for it, It'd probably be easier and more fun to splice another powerhead onto it though. A bloke at work was telling me about some nut jobs on a BMX forum getting all excited over bikes like you just scored and they were selling (yes some nut job handing over hard earned cash) tuffs for $1000. You never know, one might have grandads first model Pace he wants to off load on a deal for "some really cool bike parts"

This
Qualified Senior
I will probably put a new engine on the outboard, will have to make a converting thingy so it can fit another engine. Will be a cool challenge, worth a try though.

I think we might be selling later. Most of the mower parts I am keeping though.

Thanks for reading!
Qualified Senior
I am missing the exhaust for the Berini Bike motor so if anyone has one please message me.

Thanks for reading!
Apprentice level 4
Kye would you mind posting a few more pics of the bike engine please? I'm quite curious about it. Thanks mate.

This
Qualified Senior
I will have to get some more.

I have already been offered a dirt bike for it...

[Linked Image]

Thanks for reading!
Apprentice level 4
Sounds like it might be a good swap, IF you want a dirt bike or can flip it for what you do want.

This
Qualified Senior
It would have been a good swap, but I am already thinking of plans for this engine.
I know where I can get an old bike for free, I want to fix up the bike and engine and put them together, then I can cruise around in style cool probably not legally though...

It will be good for the yearly dirt drags at Villeneuve though. After its all over lots of kids usually go out there on there push bikes and race, I will be able to beat them without peddling!

Thanks for reading!
prd Offline
MOD & GREENFIELD TECHNICIAN
G'day Kye,

I'm with Slash. Feeling old. The bikes were the stuff we blasted around on and went to school on. Everyone rode to school on a pushy....and then to wherever after school. Our parents were always told we had ridden to the library to research an assignment or to a friends place to study. Did our parents really believe us?? Surely they weren't really that stupid.
Either way, I kinda wish my own kids had had the same level of freedom when growing up...but times have changed.

Re: the opening of the box? No point. The cat is always dead:). I hope y'all get that. If not Google Shrodinger's cat.

Keep up the good work Kye, and best of luck trying to choose between the engine and the dirt bike!

Cheers

Apprentice level 4
Down here I know you can have a motor on a bike but it must be below 50CC. This is why it is common to buy the ebay 49cc bike engine (has 49cc cast into crankcase) and use the larger piston, barrel and carby.
Having said that it'd be poor form for a cop to give a young bloke a ticket for having some nostalgic style. From what my old man has told me of the old bike engines weren't fast but sure would make it easy to drag mowers home. Could even make a period style oiled timber trailer for bike.......

This
Qualified Senior
I have read that they were 26cc but became 32cc in 1951, so maybe it would be legal!

I doubt the cops would care, if they do I will just ride off road, they will have to chase me on foot, good luck haha! I live in a rural area though so it would take me a long time to get places, so I might just save the fun for the dirt drags. Not much fuel anyway, might run out half way and have to walk!
The trailer would be awesome! I wonder if the engine could cope with the extra weight.

Thanks for reading!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794