Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 26/05/24 07:43 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
Topic Replies
Victa: The Triplets
by Jeffery - 30/05/24 05:19 AM
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 29/05/24 07:53 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 23/05/24 01:00 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Widget Offline OP
Apprentice level 3
Hi guys,

So I'm working on some line trimmer (whipper snippers) and many of them seem to have deteriorated fuel lines (to be expected) .. question is, how do I determine which fuel line to use, as they seem to come in different sizes/thicknesses? Does the manufacturer generally include that info in the service manuals (will have to google manuals) ?

Q #2: I'm getting good and pulling things apart.. but remembering where things go and putting it back together Im still learning (lol) .. with Carburetors, there's 2x lines that run from it, one is (I think) suction that goes to the primer bulb(?) and has the fuel filter attached(?).. what does the other do?
When I push the bulb, it seems to push air out of it.. I'd think it would push the fuel into the cylinder.. but the line runs back into the tank...

Q#2 solved: It's a return line for excess fuel.

[EDIT] new Question .. does the size/type of fuel filter matter ?

But if anyone knnows about what correct spec fuel line to use, please let me know smile

Thanks guys.. sorry for the text, hope I made sense.

Regards,

Last edited by Widget; 12/03/16 01:44 AM.
Membership information
Qualified Senior
your fuel line in all the whipper snippers i have is just a tight forced fit through the hole in the tank. so if you measure the hole size in the tank make sure you get a hose thats just slightly larger so it squeezes in tight for no leakage. my 2 ryobis use 5mm and i also have squeezed in 5.5mm.the hole in the plastic tank is about 4.8mm (on mine)

Last edited by Gizmo; 12/03/16 06:20 PM. Reason: spellcheck

If my collection is complete ( then how come i keep buying stuff ? ) 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Originally Posted by Widget
Does the manufacturer generally include that info in the service manuals (will have to google manuals) ?
Here in the States they don't usually have the line sizes in the repair manual and a lot time they don't spec the sizes in the part lists as they want you to buy their lines.

Qualified Senior
Fuel lines are specified in two dimensions, the inner and outer. So measure the size of the pipe on the carby for inside diameter and the size of the hole in the tank for outside diameter. There are dozens of different sizes available. Take a piece of your old one to a mower shop and they will probably have it in stock along with a matching filter pick up.

Widget Offline OP
Apprentice level 3
Thanks guys :), Ill measure up the holes to confirm sizing smile ... problem I've found though with measuring the pipe, they seem enlarged, distorted or shrunk so haven't been able to get a proper reading smirk

AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
That is something that I have got custom to here as I deal the various effects of Ethanol and other fuel additives. The line shrinkage is something that has to taken into account with replacing lines especially on those tank through holes. Many of the lines that I replace that has already been replaced are usually because the installer went for only a slightly fiction fit.

As Aussietrev mention you do need taken account both the ID and OD sizes and many aftermarket lines will fit one way but not the other on some setups. I especially had problems with Homelite trimmers here until I found some aftermarket Echo rubber fuel lines that had the ID and OD that I was needing.

Also when installing new lines it is better to pull the lines through than trying push them. This way you take advantage of fact that these lines OD when stretched shrink temporarily allowing them to slipped through easier. When pushing the opposite is happening which makes them even harder to get through.

To me there is no hard and fast rule here as you need some experience with the conditions on your end which lines works best on which products. It has took me several years of trying different lines to settle on which works best for which products and then the manufactures will change things just makes things different.

Patience is key to working on these.

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Pete1nlancs, Ron R, catthewhde, Mypwta, Routten
16,804 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,718
Posts104,652
Members16,804
Most Online2,545