Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 233 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by CJay - 19/07/24 12:34 AM
Villers engine numbers
by Bevan12666! - 17/07/24 06:43 AM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by PK5 - 11/07/24 05:16 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 05/07/24 04:55 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Topic Replies
SB45 Resto
by deviosi - 26/07/24 09:30 AM
Greenfield Evolution III 10.5
by NormK - 22/07/24 12:08 PM
Villers engine numbers
by maxwestern - 18/07/24 05:54 PM
Victa SSA201A Catcher
by NormK - 11/07/24 08:39 PM
Greenfield Anniversary 88 Idler Sprocket
by Guliyas - 08/07/24 06:31 AM
HORSE MOWER - Port Melbourne - c1910-1930
by Alan M - 04/07/24 08:43 PM
Looking for service manual Cox Conquest
by MrG6 - 30/06/24 07:11 AM
Mcculloch Super 100 brushcutter
by sirzur - 29/06/24 01:12 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#6062 17/08/07 02:00 PM
Apprentice level 4
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help out in any way on where to get those little plastic bushes for the lower part of the handle where it goes into the main body of the mower on the Victa VC160 model. I have been to a mower shop and hardware shops and even those specialty bearing shops and no one has been able to help or even tell me where to get something like that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Converse

Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee ay, another trash picked Victa, hip hip Hooray!
Repair Junkie
Converse,

The part number that you are looking for is CH83146A. That is the nylon bush that goes into the frame and the lug of the handle sits into.

Unless it is the one for the latch which locks the handle and that part number is CH82852A.

I will have to ask around to see if I can locate one but because the mower was made in the 1970's it is going to be hard to find.

Let me know which one that you are after and I will see what I can do. cheers2

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Apprentice level 4
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the help I am actually after both of them as they are stuffed there was a little bit left on one side so that's how I knew they had some sort of plastic bushing there when they were new. The latches are ok it's just those main nylon bushes that i'm after for the handle.

Thanks again for all the help

Cheers,

Converse

Apprentice level 3
Hi Convers Are you still looking for those nylon bushes. I am wrecikng some old mowers and can have alook if there are any good enough to use among them

Joe
Repair Junkie
Joe,

That would be great if you can help converse out with the bushes.

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Apprentice level 3
Hi Bruce I found a handle lug with a bush sitting on the bench but ran out of time to go look for another .I will see what I can turn up on Friday next . Cheers Joe

Joe
Apprentice level 4
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help yes I am still after the bushes if they are good usable ones. It would be great also while your looking at the same model mowers if theres any good usable air filter housings or i'm mainly after the white cap for the air filter housing as mines pretty stuffed also a good usable throttle control lever, The plastic housing on mine has almost nearly worn away but I guess it is like 35 years old but it's worth a try if you happen to come across anything like that while your looking for the bushes. Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers,

Converse

Repair Junkie
Converse,

I have posted a picture of the air filter assembly that I can get. Let me know if it is what you are looking for (it is new).

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Apprentice level 4
Hi Bruce,

It's pretty much the same I should be able to use it and it's heaps better than what i've got now. Please message me with your details on paying for this item and the shipping costs and I will send you the money as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Converse

Apprentice level 3
Hi Convers I will be down the farm tomorrow Friday and have a look for some bushes . I found one here at home but not sure if its one of them or not. It a split bush and I dont see why a split bush would be needed down there.
Incidentall the handle lug I found sitting on the workbench does not have a bush on it .Whta apperas to be a bush is actuallu part of the shaft which is turned with a ridge which makes it look like abush .I cleand it with a wire brush and all was revealed Cheers for now Joe

Joe
Apprentice level 3
Hi all Re the bushes in question . This is a bit of a mystery. I dismantled a VC today and am at a loss to understand these bushes at the moment.
After removing the nut that holds the bottom of the handle thru the bush and removing the handle lower half. I see the bush has a nylong ring on each side. After fiddling arond for a while it take to the nylon ring with a sharpish screwdriver and chisel it off.Then I pushed the bush out using a small socket a a punch ,expecting to find the bush to be in two halves but it is a one piece item . The bush , with a nylon ring on each side has the appearance of being a2 piece effort with half being from each side but this is not so.
It could be that a nylon washer is place on one end and has become fused to the bush over the years. . If I can masterthe art of uploading pics to this site then I will send pics of the bush and the flange I chiselled off.
Perhaps Bruce can chec the Parts listing and see how it is described as I do not have a VC Parts list Cheeers Joe

Joe
Apprentice level 3
Hi all Here I am again replying to myself Just sent 3 shouts. .About these bushes I will get a VC and cut out the section of the chassis and reve the bush or bushes whatever is in there with surgeon like skill when I get back from my little trip which starts next Monday . Would have liked to have heard from Bruce as to how many bushes are shown for each side . I cannot figure out the arrangement with the bushes in place with a rim on each side ,something like a cotton reel bobbin Chees Joe

Joe
Apprentice level 4
Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all the help with these bushes and I'm not sure myself how they look like I just thought they are a nylon bush with a lip on one side that just goes in the hole on the mower base and then the handle lug goes into that and it's held there by an e-clip or something as there is a lined groove on the handle lugs where an e-clip or something of the like holds it in place on the mower base. Well I am just going by what I can see on the mower and I am only assuming how these things used to be.

Cheers,

Converse

Apprentice level 3
Hi Convers Good to see that you are watching whats going on here . The mower that I took the bushes out was a VC model and the lower handle lugs had nuts on them If I master the pics idea then I will post some pics . Going away next week for 2 weeks but have got myself a laptop to so may be keeping a look at the board if I get a chance Cheers Joe

Joe
Apprentice level 4
Hi Guys,

I finally worked out how to add a few pictures with imageshack to this forum so I have taken a few shots of the lawnmower base where the holes near the top are for the nylon bushes which I am trying to find. I also have a picture of the lower handle lug that goes into them with the groove in the end where a circlip or something holds them in place. I hope this helps out a little more on the particular nylon bushes that i'm trying to find. Both sides look the same so I think they are both the same size bushes that i'm after.

[Linked Image from img57.imageshack.us]
[Linked Image from img57.imageshack.us]

Thanks again for all the help guys

Cheers,

Converse

Apprentice level 3
Hi Converse Back from Holidfays .....Laptop bit of a let down with Motel phone connections dodgy to put it kindly . I must have a go at the picture sending thing . so will get some pics asap and have another try/ Will look up the bushes I took from the VC and let you know dimensions Cheers Joe

Joe
Repair Junkie
Originally Posted by Joe Brown
Hi Converse Back from Holidfays .....Laptop bit of a let down with Motel phone connections dodgy to put it kindly . I must have a go at the picture sending thing . so will get some pics asap and have another try/ Will look up the bushes I took from the VC and let you know dimensions Cheers Joe

Joe hope you had a great break and I am glad to see you back again helping on the forum. cheers2

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Apprentice level 3
Hi Convers and all
I just popped in to have alook whats going on around the traps etc. I found some bushes in usable condition and I id send a post in about them but I dont see it here at all Perhaps I did something wrong when sending it Perhaps it is lurking somwhere so I will have alook tomorrow Cheers Joe

Joe

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Newest Members
BigFish1972, LawnLuke, chris s, _s.fletcher_, Waynefury
16,846 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,730
Posts104,732
Members16,847
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace