Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 274 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 26/05/24 07:43 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
Topic Replies
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 30/05/24 10:40 PM
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 29/05/24 07:53 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 23/05/24 01:00 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Victa 160 enthusiast
I have usually greased the cam riders with molybdenum anti-lock as it's the rider wearing down that closes the gap. A bit of moly seems to make those riders wear proof!

Cheers, Bert
Membership information
Novice
I have this one:

[Linked Image from i61.tinypic.com]

Which could be one posted earlier in the thread?

Are any of these worth anything? Or typically just an enthusiast hobby?

Any info on this would be appreciated purely out of interest.

Cheers

Master Technician
Could just be a VC-Sports the later model with the G4 carby.The answer my friend would be in the engine number.So could you post up the engine number? I can tell you from that whether it is a VC-Sports Or a VC-Mustang S.I'm thinking it would be a VC-Sports many many more produced,but hey I could be wrong.As far as worth not much and it doesn't really matter which is which.The VC-Mustang S is rareish but that doesn't mean it's worth any more than the sports.Maybe in 10 to 15 years more that might change but right now there not worth a great deal.If you do decide you would like to re-home I could be interested as I got rid of mine in hope of finding another to replace it,that day still hasn't come.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Novice
Though it easier to just take more photo's smile Wasn't sure of the number you're refering to, but I'm pretty sure you wanted the one on the block. But here's both anyway. Too much information is better than to little.

Apologies for the photo orientations!

[Linked Image from i58.tinypic.com]

[Linked Image from i61.tinypic.com]

I also have the manual.

[Linked Image from i60.tinypic.com]

Just to let you know. It's still running. I have no need for it. I don't know a hammer from screwdriver in order to do it up like you guys have shown in photo's in this thread. I'd be proud to own a nice one like you have posted. Just no time or patience for it at this stage in my life. smile

Cheers

Novice
I'm gonna need to know if you're (or anyone) interested by tomorrow morning. It goes with a lot of other stuff to Salvo's or Revolve tomorrow.

I'm happy to offload it for no cost, as long as I'm not out of pocket for the delivery.

Master Technician
Well done I was wrong,it is in-fact a VC-Mustang S.The head I'm not too sure about as the number stamped on it is suppose to match up with the model number.However the 437 does match with the same time period VC-Mustangs so it could be.I'm just not 100% sure on it.Still trying to work out the documents I have on that,as they only started using those numbers from 1977,of which is the same year your mower was made.
So as I said before about worth even though it's not a common one (and I think that becomes the 4th one I know about) it's still not worth a great deal.I paid $25 for my one and another guy I know had his given to him,so there not worth great amounts.Some times rare doesn't mean expensive.Although I'd still like it.

Novice
Cool. I hung onto it for you.
I'll get in contact through the week and organise how to get it to you. Busy today with Father's Day.
Happy Father's day to you if you have some kids!! smile

Ok, a question for the VC mustang experts amongst us.
I know this has probably been re-engined but wanted to know what model it should be, series I or series II, The holes in the handle bar(4th pic) tell me it had a G3 on it when it was original and the bracket for the remote fuel tap is still there.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Oh, and the catcher is immaculate for it's age. I'll have a go at getting it running tomorrow.

Last edited by bigted; 10/11/15 09:03 AM. Reason: added pic
Master Technician
Well yes Bigted it does all point to the fact it could have started life off as a VC-Mustang Mark I 1973-74,with G3 carby.Not only from what you have found but it also has the black hub caps which were only found on the Mark I.I am curios as even the base looks in fantastic condition,so why on earth would the engine have been changed?It looks like it hasn't had much use at all.Your making me jealous as I could certainly give that base a home with the correct engine on it.It would have looked more like this one.
[Linked Image]
A good find you lucky bugger.

Well Jeff, i guess like anything 2 stroke, the engine change could have been a result of cooked piston, (something i believe you have been familiar with recently, lol). And like most inexperienced people it would have been the easier option rather than rebuilding it.

Apprentice level 2
I would have to agree there bigted, definately been re engined from a store brand corsair, its probably for the best though, parts are easily sourced for the G4/LM whereas G3 parts are becoming a bit thin on the ground these days.

Chances are somone ran it without oil, I am very hesitant to sell a 2 stroke to an inexprienced person these days, it quite often ends with disaster, making me look like a... and them put off buying another, in saying that though I have taught even the simplest of folk how to mix fuel recently with a good result.

A quick carby clean, new oring and kill rubber, placed throttle assenmbly on the right side and away she went.
And now for the end result, 3,2,1 tada
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Engine number for those interested. Also changed the hubcaps to better match the cowl.

Last edited by bigted; 11/11/15 06:57 AM.
Apprentice level 3
Originally Posted by Blumbly
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Which was a later model again.In fact it was the next model after yours.

Sorry to resurrect the old thread, just wondering, what colour Green is on the base of the VICTA Mustang ?

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Originally Posted by Widget
Sorry to resurrect the old thread, just wondering, what colour Green is on the base of the VICTA Mustang ?
You did me a favour by discovering this thread for me. I have now read it in its entirety.
I love the look of the Mustang above with the orange cowl. It cleaned up nice.
NFI what the green paint is called.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
2-stroke mower addict!
Agreed MF. This has been an excellent read and some great looking machines there!!!! I hope I can get my green contessa's cowling to glow fluoro (green) bright like that!!!! I love the orange cowling so much!!!

Fingers crossed I may be getting a deal done to get the Red 73-74 VC MUSTANG MARK 3 ORIGINAL WITH CATCHER!!! But I might not be too, the deal can fall through very easily.....

1 member likes this: Alan
Trainee
Best of luck Seanoss,

You deserve it, I would really love to have one of them too.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
It's a shame Victa Mower Works didn't release a model with that base and top combo and call it something like the Victa VC Formula 1.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
1 member likes this: Alan
2-stroke mower addict!
Imagine they did the twin as a 250cc 2 125cc cylinders. Now that would be a mower to behold!!!

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Not to mention for a go kart!

SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
G'day Sean and Mf

Yeah I've seen a few home made Victa twins.

Attached Images
1 member likes this: Seanoss
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Pete1nlancs, Ron R, catthewhde, Mypwta, Routten
16,804 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,718
Posts104,653