Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (MowingManiac), 5,011 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#43553 23/01/13 07:30 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,819
Likes: 6
Junior Technician
***
Got the green one ages back.
Its a keeper.

Sent it off to my uncle while I was fixing his other mower and he wont give it back, says its a rip snorter. Its supposedly a 72-73 model. Supposed to have a G3 motor on it.



Traded in this orange one a month or two back. Dont let the paint fool you. Its a bit past it but I can rat some bits off it. This has a G2 motor on it.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

1 member likes this: Random Brad Creator
Portal Box 6
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 414
Professional Tinkerer
*
That's cool, I really like that Orange Utility, However I like Utility mowers Especially.

Kori laugh

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,291
Likes: 4
Master Technician
***
Cool I don't have any of those ones. In-fact I don't think I've ever had one at all.


Here for a good time,not a long time.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 467
Qualified Junior
***
did i hear G2 ? your my new best friend haha,
doesnt look to bad ? it fairly original to the ones that came out early 70's in the contractor range.

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 988
Likes: 7
Qualified Senior

I picked up one of these alloy based utilities, thought it had a set of mismatched wheels on it but they seem to be correct going by the other example above. New style caps on the rear and older style V caps on the front. Not sure on mufflers though, both models above have the long style but mine has the newer through the base type.


Attachments
1 member likes this: Random Brad Creator
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
That's neat as a pin. I never knew of the existence of this model. Classic not (much) plastic! I like the 8" rubber on the back.
Strange looking chute to the side. Could you explain that?

Originally Posted by paul_c
I picked up one of these alloy based utilities, thought it had a set of mismatched wheels on it but they seem to be correct going by the other example above. New style caps on the rear and older style V caps on the front.
Both styles of wheel and wheelcap were sold along side each other from the 60s to the early 80s. The 'V' cap wheels were full nylon bearing wheels generally used on cheaper models and the larger diameter caps with the radial ribs at the edges had one set of ball bearings in them, but later could come with full nylon bearings once they stopped making the 'V' wheels.
What is unusual here is combining both styles on the one mower. I think they chose the nylon type wheels for the front because they have more rubber in them and were probably considered better suited to tougher slashing work, and matching the wheels wasn't as important to buyers of this type of "rough and ready" model of mower.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 988
Likes: 7
Qualified Senior

With the mower being a side chute, Victa fitted a safety flap come windrower/catcher support over the outlet. What I find interesting is that you could fit a side catcher, I wonder what the catcher looked like?

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Probably had a wheel attached.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Quote
What I find interesting is that you could fit a side catcher, I wonder what the catcher looked like?
G'day Paul and Mowerfreak

I love these machines!
The first safe Victa Utility!

The catcher was the catcher originally developed in the 1960s for the Sheerline and 4-star.
It's true laugh

It didn't have a side wheel.
It looks similar to this ... HERE.

I hope to cover this machine this year.

Cheers
--------------------
Jack

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Back in the early seventies I had a Hurricane toecutter as my mower. I wanted a catcher, so I bought a Pope with a side catcher that had a rod through the side of the motor for $12, fitted the Hurricane motor to it. Used that mower for well over 20 years till I decided to shout myself a brand new mower, bought a Victa with a Honda motor on it. Bad move, I should have stuck with the old mower with a side catcher, it had served me well for so many years


Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
avelingandy, Cdlmhunt5, BobsYourUncle, shjump, Fleshtuxcedo
18,151 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,151
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1