Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,867 guests, and 539 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#37498 01/06/12 08:33 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 346
Likes: 3
Apprentice level 4
A gift for a revhead nephew.......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Portal Box 6
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,362
Likes: 11
Administrator - Master Technician
****
Hi Greg, I'll bet he'll be over the moon with this one mate...and he'll give the neighbours a bit of a wake up with that crazy stack!! lol
good1
cheers2


Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin


Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 414
Professional Tinkerer
*
And the chrome "Mags" really set it, awesome build and I think the revhead nephew will be satisfied. laugh

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2,738
Likes: 6
Forum Historian
****
Quite the machine there Greg!

Is that pipe actually connected into the muffler, if so, how about a video demo for sound mate?

I'd love to see/hear this one in action!


Cheers
Ty

____________________________
Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 346
Likes: 3
Apprentice level 4
Thanks, the wheels came off the Turner I did up, which is now pretty much stripped, and the engine has now been fitted to a 48" slasher I built up using the deck I posted up a while back. The same deck I was told wouldn't be suitable for a slasher. I've yet to find something it doesn't chew through!

As for a video, the mower is now gone, but it wasn't much louder than normal. Also, I can only take video's with my phone, and for some reason I can't transfer them to the computer. I've got video's of the Turner in action. Yes the chrome pipe is fully functional, and the original outlet has been cut, crimped, and welded shut. I positioned the pipe so that the muffler still utilises the baffle system. I didn't want it too loud because my nephew lives in a built up area, and yes, he loves it.

I know I haven't put much on here lately, I'm a tad sick of some people picking the crap out of what I do. Lets just say that I've entered a lot of my stuff in the local Inventor Awards, so I'll see what the general public thinks.

Last edited by Greg Holmes; 02/06/12 10:23 AM.
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 414
Professional Tinkerer
*
Ahhh, that explains why the wheels look so dang familiar!, Turner is a division of MTD and every MTD mower over here has those wheels!


Kori laugh


Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 346
Likes: 3
Apprentice level 4
Those wheels are actually off, dare I say it, a chinese Talon Lawn Falcon!

Last edited by Deejay; 03/06/12 11:40 AM. Reason: Removed offensive material
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 414
Professional Tinkerer
*
Ahhhhhh ya'know I thought so..... I think turner is a dev of MTD, but I KNOW talon is a dev of MTD....


Kori laugh

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 106
Apprentice level 2
*
Those wheels even look the same as the ones on my toro, sweet looking machine though!


Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1