Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
[Linked Image]

Here is your machine the day I got it from the swap meet.

Membership information
Pushrod Honda preferrer
Well in most respects it looks better now, but it no longer has a spare wheel. From the amount of wheel trouble Victas have, perhaps it should have a mounting for a spare on the right side of the base, in that huge empty space with the useless mounting for a non-existent accessory. Perhaps your project has potential for upgrades, Deejay.

Master Technician
So I take it you need that axle housing as well then?

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Deejay Offline OP
Administrator - Master Technician
Grumpy...I can't believe it....are you suggesting "Tenants Improvements"....BTW, mine doesn't have its wheels on yet, and to my eye, in all respects, it looks better than it did when it arrived.... devilchilli
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Deejay Offline OP
The answer is a definite yes to that, Jeffery, with my thanks if you have one spare...don't forget they are the Model 4 Auto housings with the overhang for the flap attachment, which are probably rarer....I guess I could have done this project 2 ways ...the easy...just cosmetic...or...as I have chosen to do, make it the best I can within my limited budget....I am extremely happy with it thus far...it's not meant to be original....it's the base for a coffee table....but could be a going concern with a couple of seals, a barrel hone and a new piston! wink
Thanks again for you advice, Jeffery and your help. grin
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.

Pushrod Honda preferrer
No question it looks better Deejay. The colour scheme looks classy but for some reason it reminds me of a Canberra bomber rather than an early Victa.
(I think I've seen a Martin B57 painted up like that when it was taken over by the US weather service - the crew reportedly called it the Batplane.) I'm not criticising, it happens I like Canberra bombers a lot. Here's an Australian one:
[Linked Image]

US version (same plane, slightly different model):
[Linked Image]

(Pictures from wikipedia).

Deejay Offline OP
Grumpy, As a matter of fact when I was in the RAAF I worked for a time at No. 3 Aircraft Depot (3AD) at RAAF Base Amberley (Ipswich QLD) in the Canberra hangar as a framie fitter on these beasts....Strange cattle a Canberra....all nuts, bolts etc were British Association...1BA, 2 BA, 10BA..etc they were made by English Electric PTY. LTD, and a very sturdy airframe and a great workhorse and the replacement at the time for the AVRO Lincoln (made in OZ by GAF...Government Aircraft Factory)... Avro had a link to one of your relly's...Harry Hawker. wink
cheers2

Pushrod Honda preferrer
Thanks Deejay, I don't personally know of a link between Avro and Harry Hawker, but there may have been one. Harry only lived about a year after H. G. Hawker Engineering was formed, following the liquidation of Sopwith Aviation in 1920. Tommy Sopwith and Harry were both on the board, and of course the new company did very well indeed after Harry's death in a test flight on 12 July 1921. A.V. Roe left Avro in 1928, and Avro itself was finally "absorbed into" Hawker Siddley in 1963 - the Avro name was abolished at that point. I suppose it is a matter of personal opinion whether the high point for Avro was the Lancaster bomber of WW2, or the Vulcan bomber of the nuclear period. I like the Vulcan, it was the only V-bomber that seemed like a world-leading design to me. Here are some early Vulcans at Farnborough in 1953 (picture from wikipedia):

[Linked Image]

Deejay Offline OP
Thanks for that grumpy...I may have been mistaken and confused Harry with Bert Hinkler..but I could have sworn that Harry had something to do with a handling problem with A V Roe's "Baby" aircraft....a lot of those guys involved in aviation in the great war era were mates, so I am led to believe. grin
OOps! we've gone off topic again....Sorry!
cheers2

Master Technician
So you only need one.Done if you need any others let me know.I have a few spares here.Just so you know they are the easiest ones to find.They are more common.The ones that don't have the flap brackets.They are the harder ones to find.Not that hard but there is less of them.So do you need it before our trip your way,or can it wait till then? Let me know which way you want to go.

Deejay Offline OP
Hi Jeffrey, and many thanks for that, I didn't think I'd get a replacement. Yes mate, just need the housing and the 'U'block and spring.

The project is now stalled; just waiting for TY to get back to me re the axles, which is all I need (plus the housing and 'U' block, snorkel and air filter of course). Ty has said he will post some photos of the axles...

I am tempted to see if I could get the axles and the housing, snorkel etc. posted to me so I can complete the project. I will gladly pay the postage. The glass is cut, edges polished and is ready to go.
Do you guys know when you're heading this way?
cheers2

Master Technician
I have a funny feeling the axles Ty was talking about was a set I have,as I remember him asking me if I had some.When I get back home I'll have a talk to him.As I'm currently in Batemans Bay for the next couple of days.I will see Ty when I get home and work out what he was talking about,as I'm not sure he has any model 5 axles.I will get back to you on that.

Deejay Offline OP
Thanks Jeffrey, I would like to get the project completed before I travel to Brisbane for my Dad's 95th birthday bash, and I all need is the parts to finish...
Glad to hear you're on the mend, and hope to meet you soon. grin
cheers2

Forum Historian
I have a full set of Axles aside here, they come from an old model five base i forgot that I disassembled a few years back, put all the parts in a box and only uncovered them while unpacking smile

I'll bring them, and the other M5 parts i have about on Thursday.

(I have the u-blocks too, plus the springs i think, and a bunch of Misc. Other)

Cheers
Ty

Deejay Offline OP
Thanks a million Ty, thanks for the phone call, and its great to be meeting you on Thursday mate. grin
I gave Joe a ring last night and let him know you are coming over...he's gonna try to get here as well after work. Will have some 'New' on ice! lol
cheers2

J
Joe Carroll
Unregistered
Ty I will pm you when I get home today with a proposition....

Deejay Offline OP
**UPDATE**
Hi to All, thanks to Ty who arrived yesterday with the axles and the front axle housing and 'U' block very kindly donated by Blumbly....after de-greasing, cleaning, priming and painting....they have been successfully installed back on the old girl and finally, it is back on its wheels! grin
Here's some pics....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
cheers2

Pushrod Honda preferrer
Now you'll probably scratch that magnificent paint when you install the props to hold up the glass top.

Deejay Offline OP
I hope not....as it happens I don't have supports.... I made up a bracket that attaches to the upper right hand side of the fuel tank (as the tank was corroded inside and would not be used on a running mower) that supports the upper handle in the horizontal and level plane.
The glass is smoked and looks a lot darker in the pics...you can see the machine clearly through it... grin
Here's some pics...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here it was when it arrived in Wagga Wagga...
[Linked Image]
We've come along way since then!! lol
cheers2

Pushrod Honda preferrer
It looks really great, Deejay, I hope the table top is rigid enough at the end furthest from the handle supports though.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545