Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (aitchey, Benny84, Murray K L), 2,978 guests, and 2,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Novice
I'm new here so I hope I've picked the right forum. I have a VSX160 powered self propelled victa that is about 3 years old and one wheel is not driving. I've searched through these forums but I can't seem to find a relevant post. I'm guessing its an easily fixed problem but with no workshop manual I don't know where to start.

Any suggestions welcome
Thanks
Tony

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Novice
With no answers I've had a closer look and it seems like the problem is in the rear gearbox/diff? that sits inside the frame next to the rear left wheel. I can hear something slipping/missing inside when I turn the left wheel- but the right one is fine. Gearbox is made in france but I can't make out the brand.

I'd take it out- if I could work out how to get the rear wheel drive off. I can get the wheels off fine- but then what? I can see a spring on either side that appears to hold the whole mech up?

The springs look like what I call "sproings"- because they'll go sproing and vanish if I try and remove them


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1