Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
3 members (NormK, MowingManiac, Joe_Carroll), 296 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Forum Historian
I cant say for sure, but it is only able to fit a VC-125 or VC-160, its black (Earlier) and the only ones without indicators were the early VC-125's (1971) and the replacement catcher.

So it is either a 1971 VC-125 catcher, or the replacement catcher sold in the late 70's early 80's as a spare part for the VC-160, after production of the mower had ceased.

It could be either (More likely the latter) but they are the same, so this is what you would need to do an original 1971 VC-125.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Cool now I just need to find the rest of it,but I can say with your contacts I bet you'd find one before me.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Forum Historian
We shall see, at the end of the day, Some of my interesting pieces came from Mugga Lane (my Auto-drive & VC-160 MKI came from here)

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Yes it does seem to be a very interesting source.You just never know what will turn up there.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Ty would it do me any good to contact lawn mower shops and try to find that ring around the impulse starter? What I mean is do shops keep NOS and second hand parts?

Forum Historian
Some older shops occasionally would have NOS stock, but i don't know if you would have much luck, unless they had someone hand in the same mower as a trade.

Personally, i would be surprised if you found one that way, however, it really cant hurt to try.

Oh, and if you do, the parts code for that mower is V80.

Last edited by Mr Davis; 26/06/11 02:52 AM.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Hi Ty.Starting to get worried about you haven't seen herd or read anything from you in a few days.Anyway hopefully your alright.I just have another question maybe you know.The 2 VC bases I have stripped down ready for paint removing.Now I have noticed some different's in them don't know if you know but I will ask anyway.You can see in the pictures that one has cast mark's (as in the box lines) and where the engine bolts onto the base on the left one.It has a one on it.Did this mean anything? That you know of or is it just something victa did cause they had a sense of humour? Maybe.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Is it me or has it gone very quite here at the moment.Nobody seem to be in a chatty mood.Where has Ty gone I know he would help me.

Junior Technician
It gets a bit quiet round here.

Plenty of lookers, not many chatters.

Forum Historian
Sorry Mate, been away for a couple of days, mostly on the road, and NO Net access!

With your 2 bases above, i am unsure the exact meaning of the casting mark, however i also not the extra post on the left side of the base with the I, which is witch, is the I from the first on, or is it the one i gave you.

I picked up another VC-160 today, its a MKI, no starter though (somone has put a pulley on this one) i am going to use it for parts to tidy up my other one, then convert it to a MKII, so if i have the head free (the no-deco type) at the end, i will let you know, depends of the state of the head when i pull it all apart.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Well that's go that your ok.You are a very good source of information with these VC's. Yes the early Mustangs are the one's I'm trying to find.So I really looking for the one's with air hose on the right hand side when standing front on? Is that right? With the VC bases the one with the I was the base I had here.The one I got got off you is the one without all the cast makes.It just looks like a neater base.Well hopefully the head will turn out fine.
Good to see your back safe and well

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
So this starter guard that I'm trying to find for the first model VC (Impulse starter type).Is it made of metal or plastic?

Forum Historian
Plastic.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
That just means it will be harder to find as they would break easy then

Forum Historian
That's the issue, the mower itself is not to hard to find, i have had 4 through here in the last month, however 2 had been fitted with the VC pull starters, one had the mustang starter,and the one i picked up the other day, has the old fashioned fixed pulley!

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Do you have a picture with the pull starter I think that would look quite funny.

Last edited by Blumbly; 30/06/11 04:39 PM.

Forum Historian
I don't at this point, but i will make sure to take one, they have screwed a piece of wood under it too to cover the hole, cant be great for cooling!!!

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Oh my it sounds even funnier again.I was speaking to a friend of mine in Queensland.He is going to take some pictures for me of a Auto Mustang he thinks it was just after the VC.Was there such a model? or is it later again?

Forum Historian
I would have to see it to work out when it fits in.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Ok hopefully he win send me some pictures.I think he was going to do that this afternoon.He said he was going to pull the gearbox off and sell it,then throw the rest away.I said to him give me first option on the whole mower first.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794