Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
2 members (NormK, Litl Phil), 301 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#24298 15/06/11 09:21 AM
Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Hi all picked up another VC today I believe it maybe the model before the one I have now that I'm restoring.Catcher is better than the last one,only the bottom edge is missing.If somebody has a catcher that they are throwing out and has the front piece that is a similar shape.Could be interested in a cut out of the bit.Also does any know where I could get the the proper starter for this mower.I have put some pictures up.It's not the pull starter.Not sure what they call them.Very new to restoring these ones.Also planning to restore this one as well.Engine turns over on this one.Might be in the need for a cowl for this two,it does have some damage.
Thanks all [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Membership information
Forum Historian
Picked it up from Mugga Lane? (Tiny's Green Shed)

Seen this one there a few times, needs a fair bit of TLC, i can help with some parts, but that starter is the issue. It uses the Impulse starter, whitch, in itself is not to hard to get hold of, the one you want is the Trigger-Type Impulse Starter, Without the square bracket for mounting a cover.

Looks Like This on ots own:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The hard part is the cover that goes around this, time did not treat these covers well, and they are not easy to come by. Unlike older Victa's with the Impulse starter, the cover did not fit onto the starter itself, but the dress cowl of the mower, Looks like this:

[Linked Image]

I will see what conditions my cowls are in, the badge on this one is correct. also, with this mower, you should find it has the Series 70 MKI engine (Unless somone has fiddled) this has no decompression valve at all.

I can see your carby will need some attention, there is a guide on them in the manuals section, from here i can see the little plastic plug that goes in the end of the hole for the throttle shaft is missing, aside form that, she seems fairly sound.

I have an engine and the cowl lugs for you, Engine is $10 as discussed, ligs are free, if i do have a good cowl, I would like $5 for it, as they can be hard to come by without breaks (Dont know if i have a good white one though) i will see what else i can spare, i may have some more of the screws and so forth, witch you can have.

With the catcher, check if the broken one from the other VC-160 has the fill indicator intact, if so, put it in this one.

I will get that lot together for you, and i will see if i have a spare starter, however i know for sure i dont have a spare cover for the starter, as this just screws on top, i would sugest doing everything else, getting it running, and then fitting the cover when you can track one down.

When i bring the engine round, i will have a close look at what is missing for this one.

Cheers
Ty

Forum Historian
Jeffrey

Here is one of the starters on Ebay:

Victa trigger type Impulse Starter (Without Cover Mounting Frame)

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Ok Ty sounds good.Haven't had a good look yet but I know it is missing the screws for the cowl and one of the plastic clips as well as again the hose for the air cleaner.I have had look at the base and I'm not happy.First thing I noticed that the back left wheel was not sitting straight.After looking I found that the back axle shaft was bent.That's not the problem,the real problem is the base is stuffed.Massive crack running up the side sort of in the corner.I'm still determined to do this.I will just need to find another base with rear axle.Have added some pictures to show how bad it is.Also on side can see where something has tried to come through side of base. Didn't put that picture on it doesn't show up right,better to see with ones eye. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
So hopefully I can find a base,or maybe just another complete one and use this one as spares.I guess I'll see what comes up first.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Gees that seems awfully rich.That's total of $66.80 [Censored].There was a hole mower with this set-up on e-bay last week sold for $51.I couldn't get it as seller completely refused to help with preparing it for freight.

Forum Historian
I Tend to agree, i was more putting it up for the extra images and info, you can by far do better.

As for the base, yeah, not looking too good, i stripped down 4 of these over the weekend, i think a few of the bases are good (i know one is buggered) if i have a good on, how does $10 sound for that, with axles & wheels.

If i do have a starter odds are it will need a little oil and a good service, but if theres one to suit here, you can have it, so don't worry about bidding on this one.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Thanks man sounds good I'll keep my fingers crossed about the base.I just don't think this one is worth it.Maybe if it just had a crack I would get it welded,but it's not only cracked but you can see that it is bent out of shape.Don't worry I won't be buying the starter I just feel that it is just to expensive.

Forum Historian
Ok, so i have indeed a good base, it may need the catch flap swaped over, but the axles are sound, and the base is good.

I have also checked the engines, and i am very happy with one that is here, right make and generation, and holds good top and bottom compression, also has spark.

I will let you know when i have got what else i can together, and drop by some time this week.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Ok cool that's great see it's because I had my fingers crossed.I will wait in anticipation for your arrival.Ha ha,no but seriously.Just can't be tomorrow as I have to go to Wodonga.Not anything to do with lawn mowers unfortunately.So will see when you can.Thanks Man

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Hi Ty.What an absolute waste of a day today was.Not happy.I guy in Wodonga wanted to buy a car of me.Wanted me to take it down there to him.Drove it all the way down on a car trailer.Then he said he didn't want it.All I wanted to do was flatten him.Sorry I just needed to blow some steam.Would have preferred to be here playing around with mowers.Any way have you had any luck finding the bits I need.Sorry to ask just need some good news about now.Let me know when you can come so I can make sure I have some cash for you.

Forum Historian
OK, well i have just had a look around, there is certainly a good engine and base to match what you need.

The base will need the flap lifter handle and strap from your old base, and the lock lever from your handle bars, it has all axles, wheels etc. intact.

The engine will need to be cleaned up, and have a carby, decompression valve and muffler fitted.

I also have found a cowl, it is not perfect, but is better than the one on there. it has a small crack under the badge, though this is closed, and no parts are open or missing, and it has some damage around the first screw hole, as it does have some damage, it will not cost.

I also have the black cap for your air filter, and i am working on gathering the cowl screws, and any other useful little bits i can find.

Your mower was seen with either a black filter and handle lever, or the white set like the other mower, either is acceptable as original, if you want white, i will happily put the white set together and swap for your black set.

I have been digging around for impulse starters, but at this point i can only find the one with the brackets, it is possible to trim this one to fit under the cover, and it would be hard to spot the difference, so i will bring it by, and you can see what you think, and decide then.

I have a pair of damaged VC-160 catchers you can have to work with if you like, they need some definite repairs, but with these and what you have, you may be able to make something.

I will keep my eyes out for that surround for the starter as well, however with this one, you will need to be patient, as i said, these green surrounds are rare to find at all, let alone complete.

If you wanted to i can give you what you would need to convert it to a MKII or MKIII in the meantime, so it is complete, then it could be converted back later if you wanted.

To do this, it would need the cylinder changed to accept a decompression valve, deco valve fitted, and the zip starter put on top. you can then swap the cylinder back if you find the original starter set. this option would be acceptable for originality, as this was the only change made to the unit when they released the new model at the factory, and it would count as a true MKII.

To go all the way to MKIII, it is the same as above, however you would also need to change the height adjuster, rear axle, cowl, lock levers & lower handle bars.

I will be in Canberra this Saturday, and i will call on my way to your place if Saturday suits you. I Am sorry to hear about the day you have had, and i hope what i have helps, as soon as i can offer more, you will know. Let me know if there is anything else you can see missing from your mower, and i will see what i can do for Saturday.

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Ok that sounds good.Saturday will be fine as well.Sounds like you have been busy finding stuff.I will have a look at the newest VC some time today,to see what else it needs the only thing I can think of off hand is a plastic clip for the cowl is missing.I will let you know in a little while after I have had a better look.I'm sure from those catchers plus the 2 I have here I should be able to make them work in my favour.Anyway will post the details of my findings after I look at the VC.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Hi Ty sorry for taking a while to get back to you.Besides the the base,axles and the other bits that we already discussed the only other things that I can find that I need.Is the two front wheels are not in good condition,one of the plastic clips that holds the cowl on is missing.As well as the other VC is missing one.You were right there is no depression value.So it must be a mark 1.Good that's what I wanted.So I guess I'll see what other goodies you have and then we will work it out from there.
Thanks again for your help.

I've now started to clean up the VC engine now and have noticed that the cylinder head doesn't have the greatest fins on it.I was wondering do you have a head that I could use? Without the decompression valve.I think it is classed as the Mark 1 engine.Is that right? If not then I could still use this one it just doesn't look that great.I guess I'm just being fussy as I really want to make these VC's look like they are brand new.If you do and need this one then maybe we could do a swap.Thanks man let me know how you go.

Forum Historian
I'll see what i have, i dont know if i will though, i can only think of one MKI engine i have and its in use, but i will have a dig around, there is always a chance that one has been thrown in somwhere.

Also, is there an engine number stamped on that MKII engine i Sold you, if so, could you let me know what it is?

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Yes there is an engine number underneath all the oil and muck.It is 527202648.

Forum Historian
Thanks for that Jeffrey, i realised i had not added the mower that came from to my records, and i need that number to do so. (I Keep a log off all mowers that i receive, even once i no longer have them)

Cheers
Ty

Administrator - Master Technician
Yeah Ty, it is good to keep records, as you never know when you might get one back maybe years later....That happened to Joe Carrol, one of the machines he reconditioned and sold, came back later to his collection! grin
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Picked up another really good catcher today.Don't know what it is off.It does fit the VC,but it doesn't have the fill indicator and you will see on the top where the back flap goes it has a cut out.What I want to know is what is is Of?Is it for a VC? I'm thinking very seriously about cutting the fill indicator piece out.If I do.Do you (Ty that is) have the flap piece? I have the bottom piece that fastens to the catcher but won't have a spare flappy bit. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Forum Historian
DON'T CUT THAT HOLE!!!!

I'm fairly sure this is an original VC-125 catcher, it lacked a number of VC-160 features (Multi Height handle, Large rear wheels, etc.) Including the fill indicator.

Due to damage, alterations, and the fact that is's an uncommon mower, the catcher, in good nick, without the eye, is quite hard to come by!!!

Cheers
Ty

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Oh I see.Thanks as I wasn't really looking forward to cutting the hole.Do you really think it's a VC-125 catcher?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794