Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4,643 guests, and 1,627 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#21337 23/01/11 09:02 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Trainee
Hi all,

I'm getting sick and tired of the whipper snipper not doing what it should. I constantly have to get down and reload the line as it wears away too quickly and a lot of the time the line just shoots straight off.

The head on there at the moment just takes a single piece of line.

Before that I had a head that was supposed to feed by itself, but that never seemed to work, the line just seemed to glue itself to each other.

Is there a really good replacement head that just works?. I'm sure there is something industrial out there?

Thanks

victa #21340 23/01/11 10:04 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Trainee
That is the same type I have on there at the moment but probably a different brand, the line sometimes shoots off or I find it breaks off easily. I put about 10 lines through it so far today and I haven't even done the backyard yet!

victa #21342 23/01/11 11:04 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Trainee
I think I have finally sorted the thing out smile I tied a knot in the middle of the line and then attached it to the trimmer head. I managed to do the entire backyard without changing the line. smile

#21346 23/01/11 02:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Trainee
Maybe I am using the wrong size line which is causeing it to come out, it generally happened when I gave it a lot of revs, now with the knot it's not a worry.

I am using 2.4 line, unfortunatly I bought a rather large roll of it some years ago, so I think I will be using it for awhile.

I guess a thicker line would last longer?

Is there a specific length the line should be cut?

Thanks

victa #21382 25/01/11 12:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Trainee
Thanks, next time i'll buy the bigger line, when I eventually run out that is.

So these heads are pretty much the best you can get, is it what the contractors would use?


Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
bloge, Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj
18,146 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,147
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1