Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 367 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 26/05/24 07:43 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
Ogden power push mower
by JEH - 12/03/24 02:50 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Pro 550 Mulch
by Jeffery - 01/06/24 11:09 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 30/05/24 10:40 PM
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 23/05/24 01:00 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
AndrewC Offline OP
Novice
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd better start here...
I'm a truck driver with a love of of small engines (don't get me wrong, I love big diesels), especially powered gardening tools.

I've been playing around with old Outboards for a while (mainly 4 and 6hp Johnson/Evinrudes, and I have a 40hp Bigtwin)
and I used to race 1/5th scale RC cars (25cc Zenoh two stroke).

Just today however I found something I've been wanting for a while... A powered Barrel Mower. It had been put on the footpath to be dumped (it was half buried under old furniture and junk), and I for some unknowen reason was driving down the street it was in... it was actually quite a lot out of my way, and I wasn't even looking for anything, just going for a drive I guess. So now I have a Victa Imperial 16" with a Tecumseh HK30 4-stroke engine.

Uun getting back home with my *new* mower, I did some initial checks, and figured that the motor had a good chance of starting without too much fiddling around. And it did. The rest of the mower isn't too bad, and it more or less still cuts grass.

So now I'm planing on pulling the whole thing down and restoring/refreshing it.

In the meantime, I'll spend some time looking around on here and seeing if there are going to be any surprises in store for me... I hope it should be pretty straight forward, as all my other restoration projects have been. (this is the first mower I have had a go at restoring... )

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited by CyberJack; 07/02/16 09:21 AM. Reason: Topic heading.
Membership information
Repair Junkie
Andrew,

:welcome: aboard to the forum and I am sure that Darryl will be really interested in your project as he is a cylinder mower lover. I myself have a few old Adco cylinder mowers but to date have not had the time to restore apart from getting the engines to run.

If you can take some photo's before you start you restoration and also during so that the other members like myself can enjoy it would be appreciated.

We will be next week adding a new feature for members to be able to upload pictures directly to the forum in a post so have a look out for the instruction which will be easy to follow.

Anyway once again :welcome: to the forum and if you need any advice just post in the appropriate area and one of the members will be only to help with answers. cheers2

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce

Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Administrator - Master Technician
Hi Andrew, and a big warm welcome to the forum...Its great to have another cylinder/reel mower enthusiast on board. grin
I see you are from the Sunshine State..(I was was born and bred in Brisbane)and you have scored a mower that is capable of a fine cut, that, well maintained, will give you hours of mowing pleasure.

We are very lucky to have members that have experience on the workings of Tecumseh engines (as they were used on Scott Bonnars as well)and some other Victa Imperial members also.
Any questions or problems you may experience, Just post them in the main forum under the topic: "Reel Mowers (ATCO, Villiers, etc)and as Bruce has said, please include pics of the restoration, as all our members love to see 'em. wink
Once again :welcome:
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

AndrewC Offline OP
Novice
Thanks for the welcome.

I'll be taking photo's all the way through... I Find that aside from showing the before and after differences, it also helps to refence back to the photo's to see how things go back together.

I should have some "Before" photo's up this afternoon, and will start a thread on the restoration.. It may take a while to finish, but I gotta start somewhere.

Cheers,
Andrew

Novice
Thanks for the info.

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Nealy, Pete1nlancs, Ron R, catthewhde, Mypwta
16,805 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,718