Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (Bruce, nath), 3,237 guests, and 2,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Novice
Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd better start here...
I'm a truck driver with a love of of small engines (don't get me wrong, I love big diesels), especially powered gardening tools.

I've been playing around with old Outboards for a while (mainly 4 and 6hp Johnson/Evinrudes, and I have a 40hp Bigtwin)
and I used to race 1/5th scale RC cars (25cc Zenoh two stroke).

Just today however I found something I've been wanting for a while... A powered Barrel Mower. It had been put on the footpath to be dumped (it was half buried under old furniture and junk), and I for some unknowen reason was driving down the street it was in... it was actually quite a lot out of my way, and I wasn't even looking for anything, just going for a drive I guess. So now I have a Victa Imperial 16" with a Tecumseh HK30 4-stroke engine.

Uun getting back home with my *new* mower, I did some initial checks, and figured that the motor had a good chance of starting without too much fiddling around. And it did. The rest of the mower isn't too bad, and it more or less still cuts grass.

So now I'm planing on pulling the whole thing down and restoring/refreshing it.

In the meantime, I'll spend some time looking around on here and seeing if there are going to be any surprises in store for me... I hope it should be pretty straight forward, as all my other restoration projects have been. (this is the first mower I have had a go at restoring... )

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited by CyberJack; 07/02/16 10:21 AM. Reason: Topic heading.
Portal Box 6
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Andrew,

:welcome: aboard to the forum and I am sure that Darryl will be really interested in your project as he is a cylinder mower lover. I myself have a few old Adco cylinder mowers but to date have not had the time to restore apart from getting the engines to run.

If you can take some photo's before you start you restoration and also during so that the other members like myself can enjoy it would be appreciated.

We will be next week adding a new feature for members to be able to upload pictures directly to the forum in a post so have a look out for the instruction which will be easy to follow.

Anyway once again :welcome: to the forum and if you need any advice just post in the appropriate area and one of the members will be only to help with answers. cheers2


Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,362
Likes: 11
Administrator - Master Technician
****
Hi Andrew, and a big warm welcome to the forum...Its great to have another cylinder/reel mower enthusiast on board. grin
I see you are from the Sunshine State..(I was was born and bred in Brisbane)and you have scored a mower that is capable of a fine cut, that, well maintained, will give you hours of mowing pleasure.

We are very lucky to have members that have experience on the workings of Tecumseh engines (as they were used on Scott Bonnars as well)and some other Victa Imperial members also.
Any questions or problems you may experience, Just post them in the main forum under the topic: "Reel Mowers (ATCO, Villiers, etc)and as Bruce has said, please include pics of the restoration, as all our members love to see 'em. wink
Once again :welcome:
cheers2


Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin


Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Novice
Thanks for the welcome.

I'll be taking photo's all the way through... I Find that aside from showing the before and after differences, it also helps to refence back to the photo's to see how things go back together.

I should have some "Before" photo's up this afternoon, and will start a thread on the restoration.. It may take a while to finish, but I gotta start somewhere.

Cheers,
Andrew

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Novice
Thanks for the info.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Grubby16, Revan, Scoona, danj, Jason92
18,145 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,145
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1