Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (aitchey), 4,150 guests, and 1,699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2025
Posts: 2
Novice
Can anyone identify this or any information about it?
Base name is "Gardener 18". It appears complete and not seized and has some compression.
The only identifying mark are the letter and numbers M 252 stamped on the motor
The only non original part appears to be a home made handle, throttle lever and cable are still working. Still has what looks like an original base plate and blades.
I have done the usual google searches and can't find anything relating to a "Gardener 18".

Attachments
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Wayne,

That mower is a good find ,not many have turned up ,I knew there were a few models of Gardener mowers from the old spark plug books
but have only seen the larger Gardener model until now.

Here is the link that works out who the maker could be, although some manufacturers just assembled some mowers and different
models of the same brand could have bases and motors sourced from different manufacturers.

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.a...70013/re-gardener-mower-info-wanted.html


Cheers
Max.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I had a Hurricane motor on my mower that I used for many years, it was a beautiful motor. Not sure if it is still in the shed with all the other old motors. It would be 60 years ago that I got that mower mid/ late sixties at a guess

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
I collect them when I see them Norm but a little thin on the ground these days , a Rotomo engine people will pay a premium for but a
complete mower with a Hurricane engine is usually less than a Rotomo engine.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Body got thrown out over 45 years ago Max because I wanted a catcher. I picked up a pope 4 stroke with a rod through the side but it had a side catcher. I fitted the Hurricane motor to it and I used that mower for years until I decided a rear catcher would be so much easier to use


Moderated by  Bruce, Gadge 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1