Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (ir_baboon_73, Herriman, Merro27), 3,118 guests, and 2,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 3
Novice
Hi everyone,

So I had a 1998 Victa Vantage 2 Stroke and over the weekend I wanted to mow and starter cord wouldn't retract, so I pulled off the starter assembly and noticed that the lug (I can't think of a better word) where the spring is meant to hook on to had broken, it was a rough break at about 45 degrees. The thing is I love the Vantage and I believe it was built in Australia but my only option if I cannot find a replacement assembly is to use a more modern Victa but that is 4 Stroke and has a Briggs and Straton engine which I hear isn't much chop. I might have to do the rounds of the local tip shops as we don't have a hard rubbish collection anymore down here in Tassie

Thanks
Andrew

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Don't go and buy a new mower. I have a massive number of pull starters here but I hate using Aus post but if you get really desperate

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 3
Novice
Thanks @NormK.

I wasn't planning on buying a new mower, but just had to use my Fathers one.
I managed to get a 2nd starter assembly from the High School I used to work at and it was my lucky day as they had a skip and were getting rid of all the mowers and some other engine bits and pieces from cars and other machines.
Thank you again


Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,135
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1