Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Red Rum), 5,412 guests, and 1,486 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 26
Novice
The reason I ask is I have an old Victa Pro 550 Push mower and I have been doing a mini Resto on it and I noticed the casting has less fins than what is supposedly made here

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I have found no issues with the Chinese Victa 2 stroke motors, they were obviously built to Victa specs under strict Victa controls. I have not noticed any cooling problems with the wider spaced fins Not sure when Victa went to the Chinese motor, I'm only guessing that maybe early/ mid nineties. That is probably when they started using Chinese bodies and the rust problems got worse

Last edited by NormK; 18/06/24 02:59 PM.
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 26
Novice
Where are the engine numbers on the motors?

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
There's a code number on the air cleaner cover cap ,some have a year code , a 2 digit number (eg. 94) that is stamped into the block under the inlet manifold, the alloy head on it's side has a number (eg 327) 1983 27th week = 04.07.1983

Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 26
Novice
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]



25 G 00 and somewhere else it writes A3

Attachments
PXL_20240618_195430964.jpg (309.75 KB, 61 downloads)
PXL_20240610_193032927.jpg (137.95 KB, 61 downloads)
Last edited by Jeffery; 18/06/24 08:37 PM.
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
I'd have to see an image of those numbers so I know where they came from (25 G 00 and somewhere else it writes A3) Jeffery, as
they may just be part numbers.

I've only seen the Victa codes up to 1991 so the AC052 AA90 on the air cleaner cap doesn't look original ,someone has
replaced it as it's from a Commando , should be something like AK060 UK90 .


25 G 00 maybe 25th July 2000

Cheers
Max.

Attachments
Untitled123a.jpg (30.07 KB, 34 downloads)
Untitled4321a.jpg (68.42 KB, 34 downloads)
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 26
Novice
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]I took the manifold off and took a photo of the numbers that are stamped. Your right about the air cleaner cap. I also looked into the numbers on it and got the commando as well

Last edited by Jeffery; 19/06/24 08:16 PM.
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Jeffery ,

Not sure what the A3 is ,possibly a production run number or plant number etc.

I'd say the 25 G 00 is 25th July 2000

Cheers
Max.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1