Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (MarkusB, bigted), 2,989 guests, and 498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 580
Likes: 2
Qualified Senior
Hello,

It's been a long time since I was here. I have given up repairing mowers due to age but I've kept an old two stroke for sentimental reasons but having a few problems. I am trying to do an engine change and one of the 3 mounting bolts that I took off the old engine (unlike the others I have) doesn't seem to have a thread to screw in to and requires a much longer bolt. The threaded end of the bolt emerges up behind the muffler but I cannot find a suitable bolt. I was wondering if anyone here knew the specs of the bolt.

Attachments
victa 3.jpg (195.36 KB, 20 downloads)
victa.jpg (380.78 KB, 20 downloads)
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi sparker,
I don't know why they did that but for some reason about 30% of the motors use the long bolt, same thread but it is about 3 inches long

1 member likes this: sparker
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 580
Likes: 2
Qualified Senior
Thanks Norm. Good to hear from you again.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi sparker,
All good I'm still standing on the daisys. I just had a thought and I have never checked but it could be the Chinese engines used the long bolt

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,725
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Sparker and Norm,

The bolt is 8mm x 1..25 thread pitch and 80. mm long.



Cheers
Max.

Attachments
8mmx1.25.jpg (101.29 KB, 6 downloads)

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1