Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,760 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 85
Likes: 3
Trainee
Hi

I have a Victa 2 Stroke Commando. Around a 1997 model.

It no longer makes a spark at the spark plug or with a spark tester and after removing the ignition coil doing a bench test with a multimeter it seems to be dead.

I tried to bench test the ignition coil and it seems to be broken as I get no resistance between spark plug lead and either of the terminals.

Attached is a photo of the ignition coil and from what I can find on the forum this ignition coil has the module built in to it.

Part number is MA05599A

It has 3 x terminal lugs on the coil.

1 x lug on the C core assembly at the top

2 x lugs on the coil (smaller and larger lug)

Does anyone know where I can get one from as I searched online and I can't see where to buy one.

Thanks
Ted

Attachments
Photo 1.jpg (124.91 KB, 108 downloads)
Photo 2.jpg (130.63 KB, 108 downloads)
Photo 3.jpg (109.37 KB, 108 downloads)
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 147
Likes: 8
Apprentice level 2
Looks like the coil is discontinued. The most recent part number, which should be backwards compatible with all older revisions, is MA05678A or MA05678AZ.

That said, it looks like JakMax are selling the coil, P/N: JM5510.

Not sure if they're new, used, refurbished, or a custom job, but you can get them, and they appear to come with a 3-month warranty.

OutdoorKing has them available on their website:

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/clearance-items/victa-coil-ma05556a-jm5510.

Note, JakMax don't sell direct to the public.

Last edited by pau13z; 16/05/23 06:59 PM.
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
Hi Ted12 and pau13z

I'd look at a tip shop for a complete mower or eBay ,Gumtree, Facebook Marketplace as a complete mower
is only $10 to $25.

Sometimes people advertise the powertourque mower for free.

Even if you find a coil cheap it's still going to cost $10 for postage.

Cheers
Max

Attachments
2 stroke for sale eBay.png (85.62 KB, 90 downloads)
Gumtree 1.png (85.55 KB, 88 downloads)
tip shop -.png (158.21 KB, 88 downloads)
Hawthorn to coburg tip.png (162.57 KB, 87 downloads)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 85
Likes: 3
Trainee
Thanks Pau13z, that said, I'm not sure if that coil would work as it's an older coil (1988-1996) compatiable and I think after that Victa came out with a different coil so it may not work

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 85
Likes: 3
Trainee
Thanks Max, you are probably right but my wife probably not too pleased if I clog up the garage with another dead mower smile

Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,727
Likes: 220
SENIOR TECHNICIAN & HISTORIAN
The Coils are interchangeable Ted12,MA05556A & MA05599A.Both coils have the BUILT IN MODULE.

Link below
https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...etween-victa-coil-ma05556a-ma05599a.html

It's just the cost doesn't make it cost effective to repair the mower in my opinion as I've sold lots of serviced 2 stoke Victa mowers with catchers
for $60.

Years ago I would never buy Victa blades ,I'd just grab a mower for $10. at a tip shop and use the blades off that and
whatever I didn't want throw out as scrap metal costs nothing to get rid of.



Originally Posted by Ted12
Thanks Max, you are probably right but my wife probably not too pleased if I clog up the garage with another dead mower
smile

Yes it can be a problem collecting equipment to repair equipment , I just threw out ten 125cc Chinese Trail Bikes into scrap metal,
at least I got $50. for the scrap.

Cheers
Max.

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 85
Likes: 3
Trainee
okay, thanks Max, really good to know.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
We went through this coil issue many months ago and as I said i have boxes of them here

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 85
Likes: 3
Trainee
Thanks Norm, looks like I've secured a coil but thanks for the offer.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1