Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,867 guests, and 539 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 349
Likes: 4
Apprentice level 4
Hi Norm and others,

Remember the Super 24 Powertorque issues with kickback and difficult starting. I thought you were on the wrong track with the decompressor but now I am not do sure.

Well my brother in Eden claims to have solved it completely. He already changed the nozzle on the decompressor to the small one but that made no difference.
He changed the whole decompressor to one from a wreck we found at the Eden dump. No sign of kick back now. The spring on the new one seems much stronger as shown by sucking on the tube. It's a pretty grubby decompressor but he left it as it was.

Remember this converted 24 from an FC does have a heavyish engine pulley from a car air conditioner and kickback was never bad. But now there is none.

Jeff

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Jeff,
I think it can be a combination of the decompressor and the lack of flywheel weight. The slower closing decomp valve will certainly allow the piston to go over TDC and hopefully allow it to fire on the second stroke. A couple of years ago I had several PT 24's I was dealing with but over the last 12 months I have not come across any that were in my price range. From now on any I did happen to come across first thing I would try is extra weight on the crank followed by the decomp. The heavier, slower reacting decomp will certainly help. The mods I tried on the decomps I don't think had much effect on stopping the kickback.
Just thinking I think I do have a 24 base here that would probably take a PT, it had the adapter plate on it so I might see if that can take a PT and see what works on that to stop the kickback. The one I fixed I found a heavy blade boss and from memory I added 500 grams to the bottom of the crank.
Thanks for the feedback every bit helps

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1