Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (TonyD, 270win), 3,672 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#114161 18/02/22 02:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 2
Novice
Hi, I have an old Morrison Olympic 4 cylinder mower with a Briggs & Stratton 3hp engine.
I need to replace the Throttle lever and cable as well as the muffler.
Any help I could get identifying the parts and where to buy them would be greatly appreciated.
Also need to have the blades sharpened, I am located on the NSW South Coast.

Portal Box 6
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,101
Likes: 81
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Jim

It depends if you want to keep it original with regard to the throttle cable. If you don't mind the look of a newer replacement then something like GA spares CAC7434 https://www.gaspares.com.au/products/CAC7434?

Muffler something like this
https://www.gaspares.com.au/products/MUF1851?

A few photos would help, as some used a different throttle cable

Perhaps someone could recommend a trustworthy sharpener in NSW

Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 2
Novice
Thank you Tyler, I post get a couple of photographs shortly

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Yes, photos are extremely valuable on this forum.
I think you meant a four stroke. Good to see someone else has a 3hp B&S. All others I see say 3.5 or more. Mine performs more than adequate.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 36
Repair Junkie
****
Originally Posted by JimVeight
Hi, I have an old Morrison Olympic 4 cylinder mower with a Briggs & Stratton 3hp engine.
I need to replace the Throttle lever and cable as well as the muffler.
Any help I could get identifying the parts and where to buy them would be greatly appreciated.
Also need to have the blades sharpened, I am located on the NSW South Coast.

I have attached a parts list for the Olympic 4 cylinder Mower

Attachments
Olympic 4.pdf (135.87 KB, 7 downloads)
Morrisson Olympic 4 parts list

Regards,
[Linked Image]

Bruce


Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Oh right I see. Oops.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1