Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (QSR), 291 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
geobee Offline OP
Novice
Hi all, just purchased this unit to have as a spare unit. It was claimed in the Ebay listing that it has the ''Easy Start'' recoil system, but it clearly does not. It is almost impossible to pull the starter cord, and because of the tiny ''T'' handle, it would be easy to tear tendons in the fingers. The seller has refused to accept that it doesn't have the easy start dual spring system, and is standing their ground. I have sent them a video of the saw jumping off the floor when trying to pull the rope, and there are other youtube videos showing the same saw brand doing the same thing. I have another brand of saw, a Kuller, that HAS the dual spring system, and it can be pull started using two fingers, no effort at all. I simply cannot start this Ebay saw, and will be opening a case on it as soon as I am allowed to. If someone was strong enough to get the thing to crank over, it wouldn't be long before the very thin starter cord would snap. Just a warning to anyone considering buying one of these headaches. With the operators foot placed firmly where we all know is the correct place on the saw, pulling the starter cord results in the saw jumping and twisting out from under the foot, very dangerous IMO.

Last edited by geobee; 12/05/21 05:46 PM.
Membership information
Apprentice level 4
I just looked up the saw on ebay to have a look myself. I am not even going to start on the listing itself, I could spend hours there.

The listing does specifically state that it has the twin spring easy start, Unless there is just a dampener spring in there or something of the like, as the housing does not look like any easy start one i have ever seen.

At the end of the day it is a $136 chainsaw. The equivalent in a Stihl for example, 45cc with easy start is upwards of $900. So as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. I never have any sympathy for people who buy these things, I know they are so cheap and easy, but parts are non existent, warranty may as well not exist and the sellers do not care about the sale at all. I know mower shops are nowhere near perfect but at least when you have a problem you can take it back to them.

My suggestion would be to try and return it and get you're money back if you can.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I have read that BludgerBay generally sides with the buyer. Use this power to get some redress.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Nothing I like more than a good 'E-Satrt' system on a chainsaw (see image)

These ads always give me a good laugh – full of things like ‘engine oil cap’ (it’s a 2 stroke), Safety floodgate switch (?), branded spark plug (bet you it came with a torch), an easy access ‘dial’ for chain oil

And how about the good old magnetic flywheel (points to clutch) and a “Highly sensitive FBT” (whatever that means)

The one I like best (not in this ad) is the old “beware of inferior copies” and shows a photo of a certificate in Chinese.

Others include the direct air injection carby, and the air injectior (primer).

I would be kicking up a stink with Ebay - just keep saying not as described and take screen shots before they change ad.

Its a pain when saws kick back

I bought a Victa VCE1640 which was a $250 saw new (mine was $99 display model) and several times now I have walked away swearing – kicks back hard sometimes.

Yet the old Ryobi I tore down and bodged back together (straight fuelled) starts easy and has never kicked back with any great force

So a ‘good’ brand is no guarantee.

Have had all sorts of saws kick back on me – including one husky 236 when I was attempting to do the Husqvarna approved method (see below).

Needless to say after it kicked back I sounded like Tiny Tim for a while afterwards

Attached Images
E Satart.JPG (92.2 KB, 53 downloads)
geobee Offline OP
Novice
Yes, some of the ''special features'' make us laugh. Things that are just standard, required items for the thing to even run. You can be lucky with the Ebay saws, I have three units, over 5 years old, all still going strong. Had to change a carby or two, probably due to ethanol fuel more than anything else. I am going to go hard on this mob with this one though, they are claiming a load of s___t regarding their claimed ''easy start'' feature, saying that the saw does have a dual spring starter when it simply does not. I asked them where in the manual does it discuss the easy start feature, as it doesn't, but they replied with ''it doesn't mention it because all of the features are listed in the Ebay add, and we don't even have to supply a user manual if we don't want to. Well, we are talking about a dangerous product here, and as far as I am aware, under Australian consumer law, they must supply a user /safety manual with the product. The shouldn't be even selling such items if they don't even know one end from the other.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Geobee thats what really scares me about these saws - half the people who buy them shouldn't be using them.

I was originally thinking of getting one of the Baumr-ag or Giantz pole chainsaws - then I thought do I really want something that has the ability to take my face off, and is 3 metres above my head and is cheap chinese metal.

If you know what you are doing and have a few spares machines like you have, you can get reasonable mileage out of one.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
These bastards think being on EBay is some magical shield to bypass legal obligations.
Give that con man hell.

Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!
geobee Offline OP
Novice
Thanks to all, yes, I have told them that I have ceased communicating back and forth, and the next message they get will be from the Ebay resolution department, which I am absolutely certain will side with me, as they can read all the back and forth messages that have been exchanged. They are a huge online seller but should really employ someone who can handle such items if they wish to try and find a ''spot'' in the market place. Going on their replies to me, they simply do not know how a chainsaw works. Their first reply to me was to ''Empty out the fuel and try new fuel''. This was after I told them it was a starter rope issue, and that I hadn't even fueled it up, as I was just testing the ''easy start'' system it was claimed to have. Absolute monkeys. Cheers. Geoff

geobee Offline OP
Novice
Hi all, well, they buckled under the pressure, due to not knowing what they are selling. They refunded several days ago, well before I had the chance to set ''the dogs'' onto them. I told them to try and pull the starter rope when they got the saw back, and let me know how it went. Still waiting for their reply. lol.

SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Glad to hear it went well for you. The buyer has the power balance in their favour yet they keep trying it on.
It didn't pay off in your case.

Moderated by  Bruce, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545
Dec 23rd, 2019