Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
3 members (aitchey, Benny84, Murray K L), 2,978 guests, and 2,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#111956 05/05/21 12:17 AM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
Likes: 1
Novice
Hi Guys. Hope everyone is well.
Does anyone here have, or know of someone who has, or know of a place where I can get my hands on a
*BRIGGS AND STRATTON QUANTUM???
*12000 Series
*196cc or 12ci
*L Head type
*Vertical shaft
*Aluminium cylinder
*BARE BLOCK/ENGINE made in the early 1990's
Of course I'm prepared to pay for it, I'm just having trouble trying to track one down.
I'll list the identification numbers below. Maybe some one may have a block from a different year yet it takes all the internal parts I've got???
If someone has a long engine I consider that too, although I didn't want to buy a complete engine and I don't really need the internal parts
Thanks again fellas
Model - 121702
Type - 0191 01
Code - 90121125

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 49
Likes: 8
Novice
Hi Dave
I have one exactly fitting your requirements-made 2 months prior to yours, 197 cc, fully disassembled, and cleaned up. Was about to start rebuilding it when I saw your post.
Are you still in need of your original request.
I live in Sydney, but we can post if we really need to.
Kirk ( 2stroker)
It’s all in mint condition, just had low compression, so I ordered new rings. When I got the piston out, it looked fine-rings looked perfect, so I think valve sealing is the issue.
Let me know.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1