Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (Red Rum), 5,412 guests, and 1,486 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 40
Likes: 2
Novice
Might be a simple question, but had to clean the pulsa jet carby and flush the fuel tank that had been sitting for years. The gasket between the two was stuck on to the tank so tore and I'm replacing it. What should I use to stick it on? There seems to be a lot of options. Should I put some on the carby side as well? Thanks.

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 125
Likes: 14
Apprentice level 2
Hi Andy

Just going through the same problem, have tried a few things that didn't work just bought this to try.

Permatex products have worked well for me previously but haven't used this yet here's hoping.

mich

Attachments
Permatex Fuel resistant.png (465.51 KB, 49 downloads)

Only hurts till the pain's gone.
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 40
Likes: 2
Novice
Hi Mich, here's hoping. I saw that at Supercheap. I'm still waiting on the gasket in the mail so will be keen to know how you go with it. Of course, the cost of the sealant is more than the gasket..haha..been trying to find a cheaper alternative as this is the only one I'm replacing. Cheers.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Does it need a sealant, with most of those gaskets they usually don't

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 40
Likes: 2
Novice
Hi Norm,
to be honest I assumed it had on previously because the old gasket was stuck so firmly to the tank, even to the edges, but maybe it doesn't. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on the net.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Andy E,
Somebody previously may have stuck it on, doesn't mean it needed it.

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 40
Likes: 2
Novice
True. Good point, will give it a go without and see. Thanks for the advice

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
If you are referring to Briggs setup then normally no sealant is used.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 304
Likes: 22
Apprentice level 4
I generally try and not use sealant, unless I have a problem getting it to seal, they are prone to having the alloy warp a bit. I had one recently that even after facing the underside of the carb still leaked fuel and ended up using some goo, that finally sorted it

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 40
Likes: 2
Novice
Thanks for the replies everyone, really helpful as I'm learning as I go.
It may have been that it was the original gasket and had been on there for 30 years so had just become stuck over time. I'll try it without anything on it and see how it goes.
Cheers.


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1