Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,746 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 08:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 07:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 06:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#109584 04/12/20 09:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Apprentice level 2
***
Hi all

What are the right blade and bolt sets for the Rover Super 4 53?

I just picked one up to mow a Vacant block at the back of my house for fire reduction purposes with a 5 hp I/C Which I assumed replaced the 5 hp Series 13 B&S some time ago and with it went all the SP gear. I will also need a new tire/wheel for the back Is there a generic steel hub wheel that is near the same as the old Rover wheels

I have just used it with the worn blades. All I can say is what a beast With new blades it should be a good cutter. I assume these were considered a contractors machine back in the day well before Honda had hit the scene.

All I can say is once the block is sold and built on I will be looking for another Super Four 53 base in better nick and swap the 5 I/C on to it.

Ironically the guy I brought it from brought a Pro Cut 910 and he reckons the 5hp I/C handles load much better than the Loncin. haha
Thanks in advance

-greg

Last edited by GregR; 04/12/20 09:25 PM.
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 961
Likes: 20
Moderator
Hi Greg, the standard rover blades are the ones to use for that beast. They are a solid machine that make nasty work a breeze. Genuine part number A01118K
Cheers , Ted

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Apprentice level 2
***
Yeah after using it last night I want another frame with the SP gear intact. I wonder how these beasts would go with the OHV 850 engine although the 5hp I/C seems to have an amazingly flat torque curve.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 304
Likes: 22
Apprentice level 4
Yep standard BLD295 blades, BBN442 bolts on the super 4. The old 5hp is a brute of an engine on a push mower, in good condition will easily out perform anything modern. Not to mention they are still running after nearly 50 years, some more than

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Apprentice level 2
***
The 5hp I/C feels like it has more torque that the 5hp Quantums and even the Honda GXV 160/GSV190

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Apprentice level 2
***
Ok I have been given a Rover Super four 21 Base and comparing it to the 53 I think the SP mech might be different as on the 21 the SP mech is bolted to the base while the 53 is bolted to the base of the frame handles. Can people confirm my thinking here. If not I will go and make/weld one up.

Thanks heaps

-greg


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus
18,140 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,140
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1