Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
1 members (aitchey), 4,150 guests, and 1,699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Trainee
Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded the "Kirby_HK_SB_Parts_Manual" from another thread but am left wondering if this covers the HK25, HK30 or both?

So what are the differences between the two engines? Is the same piston, connecting rod and crank used in both? Is the carby the same?

The only obvious difference I have seen is that all HK30 engines I have seen have a fuel primer and have been fitted with the smaller tank.

I find it interesting that both the HK25 and 30 seem to have the same displacement (bore and stroke are the same).

There must be some differences between the two engines for the HK30 to have a higher output (cam, compression ratio, carby).

I am trying to source parts to rebuild a HK25 and have found a few guys who have some parts however I need part numbers to confirm suitability for the HK25.

I tried cross referencing to a Tecumseh H25 but there was so many different serial breaks that didn't line up to any numbers on my data tag that I didn't know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello SDcottm355

As far as I can tell, Tecumseh did what Briggs did at the time.
[Brigg's 6 series was made to be 2, 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 hp.]

They used the same short block, but changed governor and carburetor settings.
They also changed things like fuel tank size.

The Kirby Mechanics Handbook (second link) supports this view.

https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/84697/re-kirby-hk25-and-hk30-engines.html
https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/u...y-4-stroke-mechanics-handbook-c1963.html

From parts lists I can't say I have found any substantive difference in
these models. Today, parts seem to be treated as interchangeable.

Cheers
--------------------------
Jack

1 member likes this: Beam Me Up Scotty
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Trainee
Thanks Jack.

Time to go digging for parts.

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Trainee
Can anyone confirm is the Tecumseh Ring set P/N 27565 is correct for the HK25/30 engine?

I found an old thread started by Mt Bonnar called "Kirby H4-4A engine rebuild" where he obviously finds a ring set, even puts a picture of the rings and box in the thread. I have zoomed in as best I can and I think the part number on the box of the rings he used is 27565 but I am not 100% sure.

Any help is appreciated.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 6,938
Likes: 322
Forum Historian
Hello Scottm355
Yes, 27565 is the H25 Tecumseh part for the Kirby HK25.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------
Jack

Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Trainee
Thanks again Jack


Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
September
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27, fernanycia
18,135 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1