Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (QSR), 291 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
When you have had your family business that your father started many years ago come crashing down around your ears I guess the last thing you would be thinking about is a mower forum and people wanting you to dig up old info on mowers that were being built when he was a kid

Membership information
Former Moderator
Hi all,

The thing that I find interesting about the two formats is that our forum has people that actually write things and explain them while FB is just full of idiots that just post one liners and it seems more about boasting about one's self than constructively helping others with a level of care.

Here you can search up a problem and find an answer while on FB everyone continually asks the same stupid questions as there's no real filing system to store info under.

Sadly it's a direct reflection on how our society has ventured down a path of ignorance and self indulgence along with self gratification.

I've always said that I won't be a part of FB, but have found myself interested enough in having a bit of a look at it and as such I've created an ID that is fictitious as I won't use my proper name on it and registered with all the SB pages just to see how all these pages function and it actually blows my mind that with my 40 plus years of Model 45 experience that all these "Johnny Come Late-lies" that have bought a mower 2 months ago carry on as if they know absolutely everything and have as much experience as I would have in just a couple of months............Really ????

So does this mean that I must be a really slow learner or are all these so called experts just toss bags trying to flex their muscles amongst all the WWF participants on that platform ? It is no doubt a herd mentality that exists on that format, something I certainly don't feel is here on ODK that's for sure.

What really irks me and that is there has been a publication produced called "The Bonnar Bible" and I've had a copy of it sent to me quietly and I'm totally disgusted in how much information has been gleaned directly from ODK and even worse some of it is actually my words written on this forum simply cut and pasted into "their" publication. Many photos have just been taken from here and copied over to them, most with a credit underneath say courtesy of ODK. Sorry but this might be legal but to me it's immoral. I don't mind sharing, but straight plagiarism is not fair in my book.

Now in saying what I have above, you can clearly see that I've spent some time writing and explaining how I feel and anyone reading this will get a full picture of what I'm trying to convey across to the reader, but on FB all this would be written in about 15 words or less and it's no wonder people can't correctly understand what's being said and generally take things way out of context.

Anyway that's my take on the "Toilet of the Internet".

Cheers,
BB.

I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
G'day Norm,
Originally Posted by NormK
When you have had your family business that your father started many years ago come crashing down around your ears I guess the last thing you would be thinking about is a mower forum and people wanting you to dig up old info on mowers that were being built when he was a kid
Yup, that's pretty much how I see things, too. cool

Particularly as the demise of Greenfield looked like getting rather messy, legally speaking. Though I have to admit, I haven't kept track of the latter happenings! It's all too sad, really. frown

Now, I do have ways of contacting Lewis, via a couple of non-OPE forums [that also operate in the traditional forum format, a la ODK], which both he and I frequent.

However, given the circumstances surrounding the ending of Greenfield P/L, I haven't done so, and don't really intend to, at this time anyway.

He seems to be quite happy working where he is; this actually involves a partial return to a past business interest, from when he was the Oz importer/distributor of Beeman Air Arms, among other high-end brands in that field. His repairs and servicing had a very good rep, too.

Cheers,
Gadge

"ODK Mods can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you..."

"Crazy can be medicated, ignorance can be educated - but there is no cure for stupid..."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, prd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545