Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3,081 guests, and 1,674 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 17/09/26 10:08 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
Hi AVB,

The world switching to Metric ???

That would be a great idea wouldn't it ?, well that's what most of the world thought apart from one particular country that thinks it is the world and continually throws a spanner into the works.

Just look at the stupidity and arrogance regarding Gun control, while this mentality exists the world can't move forward.

Cheers,
BB.


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Totally agree it is those that want to stay in the dinosaur age that are a problem.

Personally being an Amateur Radio Operator I deal with metric daily and it is so much easier to convert. I have to pull out the cheat sheet every time I turn around to figure out the next size in inch fractions.

As gun owner and hunter I subscribe one shot one kill rule. I don't seen any reason to use an AK-47 to rabbit hunt. Those military type weapons has no place in the general population. Too many hair brains out there.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
BB,

I started thinking about this metric thing, all of Europe/Asia would be/was metric, guessing Russia would be, not sure what the UK is so that is a big chunk of the world. One problem we here have is that a lot of us work on old machines that predate the general world swapping to metric.When I really think about it how many countries were not metric, probably British Commonwealth countries and the US.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,998
Likes: 16
Former Moderator
hi Norm & AVB,

Metric works on the base of 10 and that makes it just so easy opposed to imperial and then which imperial ?

I know we have to deal with the old stuff but most of that has come to the point of being turfed out now and being replaced with a metric equivalent. There's plenty of old tooling still left around to deal with tat stuff but honestly metric is far easier to work with and having a common playing field all around the smaller world would be far better in the long term I feel.

Now if we could just apply that theory to shoes and clothes we'd be on top of it wouldn't we ?

Cheers,
BB


I live a 24 Hour lifestyle, but every now and again I seem to fall asleep, well at least that's what my wife tells me.
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 25
AVB Offline
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
I know we kinda got off the subject at hand, but I am wondering if Dave107 has got around to trying to one of methods we all discussed? Be it re-tapping or helix coiling.

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
Likes: 1
Novice
Sorry for taking so long respond guys. Yes I did go the helix coiling option. Bought a kit that included a 21/64" drill bit with a tap and handle and 10 coils. Heads back on and going strong.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce, CyberJack, Gadge, Mr Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84, Bauma, Merro27
18,136 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,808
Members18,136
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1