Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
2 members (MarkusB, bigted), 2,989 guests, and 498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 09:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 06:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 02:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 10:55 PM
Topic Replies
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 08:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 02:41 PM
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 11:44 AM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 10:23 AM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 01:48 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 10:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 10:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 09:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 10:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#100762 09/09/19 06:31 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Novice
Hi there, Only recently stumbled across the Outdoor King site and have greatly appreciated the content i have had a chance to look through so far. A bit about me and a quick run down on what lead me here. Just hit 30 and moved out to about 1.5 acres out in Gippsland, Vic, with the long term goal of eventually getting off the grid. I recently purchased a Greenfield 21st anniversary 11-30 ride on. Currently not running but as far as I've been told its just needs a new battery and replacement fuel line (which I'll be getting stuck into this weekend). Prior to this I was mowing the block with a old Suzuki Rover 2- stroke. I have a love for anything old, classic and "built to last" and in particular 2 strokes, with a couple of 1970's 2- stroke motorcycles making up my other projects. Outside of that I grew up in kitchens and around food, and spend quiet a bit of my time smoking meats, making South African Biltong and cooking in general ( going with the old and classic theme I'm installing a 1920's Lux wood-fired stove in the kitchen). Looking forward to getting involved with the threads and chatting to you all! Cheers Nooj - Don't currently have a picture of the Rover, but here's a couple of the newly acquired Greenfield.

Attachments
Mower.jpg (412.34 KB, 51 downloads)
mower 2.jpg (366.7 KB, 51 downloads)
Portal Box 6
Nooj #100764 09/09/19 07:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 8,215
Likes: 235
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Hi Nooj, Welcome here, the Greenie looks to be in good condition, doesn't look like it has been flogged into the ground like most, should be easy to get it up and doing what it was designed to do.

Nooj #100767 09/09/19 09:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 386
Apprentice level 4
G'day Nooj and NormK,

Yes welcome to the forums here Nooj, I think you stumbled across the perfect place mate!

I also love anything classic and built to last, especially old Victa 2 strokes! The green 1982 Victa 2 stroke lawnmower in my avatar has been in the family since new and i've been using it since I was a kid and I still use it to this day!

I also came to these forums for some repair help many years ago for this mower and for some other hard rubbish find mowers.

Cheers!


Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee ay, another trash picked Victa, hip hip Hooray!
Nooj #100778 10/09/19 01:25 PM
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 385
Likes: 17
Apprentice level 4
Welcome Nooj. Heaps of info around the place here. It can be quiet at times but that's part of the charm. I hope you enjoy your stay. Looks like your Greenie is in great nick.


I don't collect mowers. I just require Multiple Mowing Solutions™.
Nooj #100792 11/09/19 10:33 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,675
Likes: 165
SENIOR TECHNICIAN
G-day Nooj, good to see a freshman haha. please tell me how you stay on top of the difficult carby on the Suzuki 2 stroke and does it start easily? The yellow sit on looks like it has life in it yet.


Ahh, if only victa had kept producing the thumblatch catcher series, they would be in better shape today!

Moderated by  bigted, Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Outbacker, Michael D, Marcus Invictus, David Hurley, Benny84
18,138 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,809
Members18,138
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1