Need help?


Search OutdoorKing-Forum by entering Key Words Below



Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,704 guests, and 1,717 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Topics
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 29/09/26 12:44 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by FiM - 29/09/26 11:23 AM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 28/09/26 10:44 PM
Serging revs
by FiM - 28/09/26 02:48 PM
Victa Inlet Manifold Info
by Fusion27 - 15/09/26 07:33 PM
Ratchet washer
by FiM - 12/09/26 03:12 PM
Help to identify this Qualcast
by Olqualcast - 11/09/26 11:55 PM
Topic Replies
Victa Commando Keystart Governor Spring?
by Charlie Munns - 02/10/26 09:15 PM
Pulse jet carbi flooding
by maxwestern - 02/10/26 08:18 PM
Serging revs
by looktall - 02/10/26 07:24 PM
Wanted: High quality photo of H. G. Palmer badge
by MarkusB - 01/10/26 09:04 PM
service manual for a Rover Lawn King 02950/180
by Merro27 - 30/09/26 03:41 PM
How to make an old Briggs work in 6 easy months
by Bibi38 - 27/09/26 11:43 PM
Rebirthing a Honda 12 volt solenoid
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:20 PM
Power Transfer Tyre 560069 wanted
by Bibi38 - 26/09/26 11:00 PM
Long time no mow.
by NormK - 26/09/26 10:24 AM
Pics in Older Posts
by anna23 - 25/09/26 11:38 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 202
Apprentice level 3
Hi all,

I've found two old Victa 18s and I wish to identify which particular models they are. They're not mine, but I will pursue whether they can be salvaged as they seem intact/complete but are in a state of decay. I think one of they may be of interest...Anyway, some photos are below, along with my model number guesses based on brief read about them over the past couple of days.

Any info about what they are and/or what other info I should get off them (e.g. serial numbers, carby photos) would be appreciated. Note they are in the Blue Mountains whilst I'm in Canberra so it may be a while before I get back to them.

The two as found...
[Linked Image from i1222.photobucket.com]

The sharp-eyed amongst you may have already spotted something of interest.

The left one (whole unit photo and closer up high-res photo of the body)

My guess is this is a Model 5 Version 2 as it has no badge, only 2 skirt mount holes (RHS), edger slot, and mount points for the Predicta automatic. the engine is not seized as I was able to turn the starter disc.

[Linked Image from i1222.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i1222.photobucket.com]

Now the right one (whole unit photo and closer up high-res photo of the body)

Is this a Model 4??? It has the Automatic badge (quite faded, but just visible) with 4 skirt mount holes (LHS+RHS), edger slot and mount points for the Predicta automatic. There is no sign of the Predicta attachments. I was unable to test whether the motor was seized due to the auto-rewind starter (didn't trust it to survive)

[Linked Image from i1222.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i1222.photobucket.com]

Any info appreciated!

Many thanks,


Patrick
Portal Box 6
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,391
Likes: 4
HT6 Offline
De-registered
Hi Pitrack,

The left is a Model 5 Series 1 and looks fairly complete.

The right is Either a model 4 Auto or a Model 4 std. Colour/style discrepencies on the starter and cowl indicate a later model replacement at some stage, and it also has the incorrect air filter. The remaining appears correct for Auto and Std....My initial guess is that it appears to be an Automatic...Only serial and a few other clues will tell for sure.

Serial numbers are a must in identifying both models accuracy, then more info can be given.




Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 202
Apprentice level 3
Thanks for the info HT6. I'll have a closer look and get more details next time I'm up there.


Patrick
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 202
Apprentice level 3
Hi all,

well I went and had a look again today. Took more photos and perhaps most importantly, got the serial numbers- or at least the numbers on the engine casings.

Took pictures from most angles and some of items people have indicated elsewhere aid in identification. I'll post the pictures later, in the meantime here are the serial numbers- do they identify correctly with the preliminary identification?

Left mower (prelim: model 5 series 1)
upper half: AC57407
lower half: 6

Right mower (prelim: model 4)
upper half: 119754
lower half: 2

Thanks,



Patrick
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 202
Apprentice level 3
I talked to the owner who (like me) is interested in more info. They were the usual 'thinking of restoring them some day' type of item. However he was (after my own heart, and those on the forum here no doubt) quite firm that they are items worthy of being restored/preserved and not just discarded.

The owner was interested in further information, whether I might be interested in restoring one, or considered even the possibility of selling them on to someone who would be interested in restoring them.

In the interests of clarity for replies, I'll split the two mowers into separate threads by serial no.- see the new threads (posted shortly) for info and pics.

Any help on these appreciated.

Cheers,


Patrick

Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
Jason92, sofini23, DavidMac, Outbacker, Michael D
18,141 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums144
Topics12,758
Posts106,813
Members18,141
Most Online40,124
Apr 13th, 2026
OutdoorKing Showcase
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
20 Bucks from FB Marketplace
by Return Rider, February 20
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
Victa Cortina 2 Shed Find
by Return Rider, January 25
My Rover Baron 45
My Rover Baron 45
by Maxwell_Rover_Baron, April 16
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
SHOWCASE - Precision Mowers - 2021
by CyberJack, April 14
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
SHOWCASE – Atco Rotary – Paul C - 2020
by CyberJack, December 28
HOME |CONTACT US
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1