Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
1 members (QSR), 291 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#46830 24/06/13 04:21 PM
Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
OK I have put my latest VC-Mustang together so I thought I would take some pictures and show you all the different models.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
One of the first models.
1973-1974 V135 VC-Mustang (Mark IR)- Red.This one and the green one both had remote fuel taps.Of which I have to fix them up and get them both working with that.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This model is:
1973-1974 V135 VC-Mustang (Mark IG)- Green.This one and the red one were released at the same time.Both had the same Victacode.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is the one I just finihed putting together today.This model is:
1974-1978 V206 VC-Mustang (Mark II)- G4 No Prime.Unfortunately I didn't get time to put fuel in it and see if it would run.I will soon.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is the last model of the VC-Mustang.After this model they were then just called a Mustang.This model is:
1974-1978 V207 VC-Mustang (Mark III)- Remote Primer.I'll get this one off the shelf soon and take some better photos and that way you can see the remote primer better.
So I hope this helps in identifying the VC-Mustangs for those who want to know.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Membership information
Small Engine Technician
Can I ask what does the V numbers after the year mean? For example 1974-1978 'V207'?

What's the difference between the mark II and the mark III? Just he remote primer?

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Those numbers with the V is the victacode numbers. The only differance between the mark II & mark III is the remote primer both were released at the same time.

Qualified Senior
wow thanks mate. i now know mine is mark 2. cheers

If my collection is complete ( then how come i keep buying stuff ? ) 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Sure gizmo any-time.The mark II is the more popular one then followed by the Mark III.The mark I's are starting to get harder to find.So if you want one now is the time to get it as in a few years time they will be very hard to find.A bit like the red one.I have only seen 3 of them in the past 3 to 4 years.One of those 3 went to scrap,as it was on eBay and didn't sell by the time I got hold of the seller he told me that he took it to scrap.I nearly cried,and the other one has now been painted green.I just hope he changes it back as they are disappearing.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Put them all together today for a photo shoot.
Hopefully tomorrow I will get the chance to start them all up and have them running at the same time.That would be awesome.If and when I'll video it and put it up on youtube.
Here they are.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Qualified Senior
awesome stuff blumbly.sure like the red one.

If my collection is complete ( then how come i keep buying stuff ? ) 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Yes it does stand out.I'm just glad that it has such a great cowl on it.I would have to say that out of the four I do like that one a little more.

Yeah i must admit its a nice lineup. The red one does stand out, not coz its any better, just different i suppose. It's like having a black sheep in the family, everyone's gonna like it.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Yes we'll it is starting to show it is the black sheep. Got the greens ones going and tried to get the red one going. Just so I could have them all running together,but nope it didn't want to run. Checked for signs of life dead no spark. So I thought quickest way to fix just put a known working ignition in. Did that had spark ok gave it fuel no go. By this time sun had gone down. Hopefully can get it going this afternoon.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Just thought I'd add some pictures to show you all what the remote fuel tap looks like.
This is on the green mark I
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is on the red mark I
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
...and this is what they look like off the mower,minus fuel tap,nut and washer for fuel tap.
[Linked Image]

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
I have managed to get the red VC-Mustang going.I have uploaded a video of it running as well as the the Mark II.Here are the links,by all means take a look.

Last edited by Bruce; 12/08/17 12:37 AM. Reason: Corrected Youtube
Nice one Blumby, i see the remote fuel tap found it's home. I watched a few of your vidz, you have a nice line up of mowers there mate, well done!

Professional Tinkerer
Hey Bumbly,

Have you ever tried a Heat gun for cleaning up faded plastics? I've used it heaps and it works wonders.

Kori laugh

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Thanks bigted. There are some others that run that I haven't put up there yet. Will get round to it one day. Yes kori I have tried it with little success. As you really have to clean the plastic right up to get all the junk of it. By that point I've found it's just easier (and maybe better) just to put a coat of clear over it. I tried on a black air cleaner now it just rubbish.

Administrator - Master Technician
Just a gentle nod guys, this post is sliding off topic, time to wind it up. wink
cheers2

Please do not PM me asking for support. Please post your questions in the appropriate forums, as the replies it may receive may help all members, not just the individual member.
Kindest Regards, Darryl grin

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
OK today I did what I called a world first I got all four models of the VC-Mustangs and ran them all at once.Here is the you-tube link if you want to have a look.

Just a sad part that just after I videoed those running my mark II started blowing a lot of smoke (so much that the backyard was full of smoke)then stopped running.After it stopped running it then looked like it was on fire (it wasn't) there was just that much smoke bellowing out of it.Now it just won't start,I believe that it may have burnt the rings out.When it did run it did blow a lot of smoke.So now after just getting it running I will have to build another engine for it.

VC-Mustang Identifying.
Now after having a look at this post I realized I showed you all the different models,but didn't explain how to tell them apart.So I will show you now.
First we will go with the 1973-1974 V135 VC-Mustang (Mark IR)- Red.Made from 1973 to 1974.Engine numbers start with 11173 or 11174 depending on year of manufacture.
[Linked Image]
All run a G3 carby with alloy fuel bowl and originally they would have had a remote fuel tap as pictured here.Also would have had the funny looking spark plug cover.Had the orange hub caps.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1973-1974 V135 VC-Mustang (Mark IG)- Green.Made from 1973 to 1974.Engine numbers start with 11073 or 11074 depending on year of manufacture.
[Linked Image]
All run a G3 carby with alloy fuel bowl and originally they would have had a remote fuel tap as pictured here.Also would have had the funny looking spark plug cover.Had the black hub caps.This one has a plastic fuel bowl which I will have to change back to an alloy.
[Linked Image]
Victacode is V135 as pictured here.
[Linked Image]
1974-1978 V206 VC-Mustang (Mark II)- G4 No Primer.Made from 1974 to 1978.Engine numbers start with 11074,11075,11076,11077 or 11078 depending on year of manufacture.
[Linked Image]
All ran a G4 carby with no primer on the carby and no remote primer.Now I believe that they used the same types of spark plug cover as the last two models,but unfortunately I haven't seen any reproduction of them so I guess when they are no good just have to use this type.Had the orange hub caps.
[Linked Image]
Came out originally with the pointy air filter cap.Also I haven't seen that these are being made any more,and they are getting hard to find second hand ones.Would have had a sticker in the circle with Victacode V206.
[Linked Image]
1974-1978 V207 VC-Mustang (Mark III)- Remote Primer.Made from 1974 to 1978.Engine numbers start with 11074,11075,11076,11077 or 11078 depending on year of manufacture.
[Linked Image]
All ran a G4 carby with no primer on the carby but had a remote primer.Now I believe that they used the same type of spark plug cover as mentioned with other models,and same as I said before no repos of these parts.Had the orange hub caps.
[Linked Image]
Came out originally with the pointy air filter cap.Also as I said before no new ones and getting hard to find second hand ones.Would have had a sticker in the circle with Victacode V207.
[Linked Image]
Now there is one more VC-Mustang.Which I'm not sure was very widely available here in Australia.Although I think one of our members here has one.I think it is vccomm (please if it is you just add some photos.If it's not you then please let me know).Now I don't know a lot about it except that it was made the same time as the Mark III and was called. VC-Mustang S. Made somewhere from 1974 to 1978.I don't have one but I'd love to be able to find one.Now I just want to add that some of this is documented and some from my own observation.If anybody have or knows of anything different then please just reply to this post.
I hope this comes in handy for those who are trying to identifying what model they have have.
Thanks for taking a look.

Qualified Junior
What features did this mustang s have ?

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Well basically it looked like a VC-sports,but with the VC-Mustang S on the cowl.You can see a thread here on that vccomm had called, the odd vc !
Here are some pictures he put up on it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Not many around so I'm hoping that I will be able to locate one as I'm trying to end up with the entire VC range.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
OK just thought I would add some more photos up here now I have a VC-Mustang-S.To add to the ID process if needed by a member down the line.
[Linked Image]
All five in this picture as well as the next two pictures.
From right to left. VC-Mustang Mark I Red & Green.Mark II then Mark III and then on the left the VC-Mustang S.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
VC-Mustang Mark I Green and Red.
[Linked Image]
VC-Mustang Mark II on right Mark III on left.
[Linked Image]
VC-Mustang Mark III on right and VC-Mustang S on the left.
[Linked Image]
VC-Mustang S all alone.
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145