Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Online Spare Parts

Online Store

Newest Topics
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by MowingManiac - 18/05/24 11:23 AM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 04/05/24 05:33 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 02/05/24 04:56 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 26/04/24 07:28 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Wram - 25/04/24 06:54 PM
VC160 Motor advice needed
by QSR - 20/04/24 04:37 PM
Topic Replies
Husqvarna Rancher 50 Oil Vent
by maxwestern - 19/05/24 07:41 PM
Victa: The Triplets
by maxwestern - 16/05/24 09:58 AM
Honda GX160 only runs for a few seconds
by MowingManiac - 11/05/24 07:22 AM
Ogden power push mower
by maxwestern - 08/05/24 08:11 PM
Two hardly used chains for Ozito 18 volt chainsaw.
by MowingManiac - 07/05/24 06:50 PM
Victa Imperial Project
by NormK - 07/05/24 06:17 PM
Rover Easypush lower handle arm rhs
by Wram - 06/05/24 08:15 PM
Victa 24 F/C crank pulleys
by NormK - 03/05/24 04:59 PM
airbox to suit b&s 193707 bne
by Bruce - 27/04/24 11:31 AM
Scammers
by maxwestern - 25/04/24 10:58 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
know nothing
and it seems to happen with older gear too , not so many owners and this one seemed to be in the same family since almost new ! so it would be so good to find out the origines of the details of both ! and why so subtle the changes

Membership information
Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
OK then just found another document in another spare parts book I had in a box down stairs.This now proves the other way again.Wow this is getting more confusing again.
[Linked Image]
Doesn't this just get any easier.I just don't think there is a solution to this.

Here for a good time,not a long time.
Qualified Junior
would have thought the earlier books would have been right , because back in those days they would have sent out a revised sheet or would have corrected it ? , by the time the 1971 copy's came out they would have been history anyway , not to mention any part needed by then was nearly always interchangeable .

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Yeah you could be right,still would like to know why.It's almost like buying a Commodore only to be told 5 years later hey you really bought a Falcon.[Censored] I'm going to miss our Australian cars when there gone.Anyway it just doesn't make any sense.You just never know maybe somebody out there really knows.

Qualified Junior
The vf comodore is out in july its the last commodore

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
I know this really has nothing to do with the ID of these models but it is certainly a good read.It would have been issued to Victa dealers.
[Linked Image]

Qualified Junior
its a good read ive got a few recall letters kicking around , any luck on the 6 & 9 front ? im all out of ideas

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
No not as yet Tomo but we can leave this topic open and maybe somebody who knows will come along with the answer. So now we wait.

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Hi Guys,
Interesting topic,I think your getting close. To my knowledge they were both released at or on around the same time. Very simliar to how the model 3 roto and 4 special ran..Neither were a utility,the option was starters. The sure start was released as the newer or more appealing option on vcode 6(what you would know as 9). 3,the last recoreded engine no of the model 5 from my own research is CAC.... So to me the next in line would be DAP before they reverted back to number sequence...which incidently is as EG 2DAB11111. I think number sequence is irrelevant considering they were produced at similar times,while your "DAP" serial may denote an early run of the model it does not necessarily determine the model itself...the use of tank on cowl (what you know as the model 9)would be a follow through from the model 5 only in different styling which to me would also place it as the earlier model while the "tank IN cowl" (as you know as model 6)would be more revolutionary and carried on to the next generation of mowers placing it as the later...Anyways there are a few more bits like the later code engines being the wrong way around but I tend to agree with the models being reversed and the bulk of documents stating the 2 are meant to be the other way around. 6 should be 9 but since they ran almost side by side im unsure if there will be a definate answer. This may well be why the models werent amended in print form,because they ran together and wernt very different. A little extra bits for your theories,Im sure near all your info is all but accurate:) Either way a very good topic and extremely informative. Thankyou, Mal.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Thanks Mal that was well put and agree as they were sold and made as part of the same run. We may never find the answer,but I guess the only answer we maybe able to find is. Why did the later documents change from the earlier ones? As that is where the confusion has come into it.

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Some more for the Mystery.

Ive been doing some more research and came up with 3 fairly solid conclusions.
Two have been mentioned,the third has not,and I think is the final piece.

1. What we currently know as Model 6 or V code 6 has the later MK10 engine. One piece barrel and the Engine that directly followed the model 5 series engines.
What we know as Model 9 or V code 7 has the earlier MK9 125 engine and barrel with the port covers.

2. The Newer more modern streamlined cowl design with inbult tank,would surely have been a later design.

3. Blumbly posted this image in a previous thread.

[Linked Image]

Now the Image shows the Model 6 or V6....But if you read the lower info about "When Impulse starter is fitted use " blah blah drum" My point is that NOT in any example or document did the Mower we know as the model 6( tank in cowl) EVER come with an impulse starter. The "sure start" impulse was only fitted to what we currently know as Model 9.

4. Im also of the opinion that engine numbers will not be relevant since both models ran side by side... but more examples may help..So the two models may not run in sequence.

Please let me know your thoughts and any other numbers to back up the sequence of 6 and 9.

So at present Im leaning now towards the models being the wrong way around. "Sure start" and tank on cowl model 6 or V6.....Streamlined tank IN cowl and later 125 MK10 Model 9 Or V7....

What do you all think? Please offer your thoughts. I have both going currently and want to get them correct.

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
Well I don't know if I've put this in above but I have noticed is that the one we have been calling the model 9.With the engine numbers they have letters in-front of the numbers.As did the last of the model 5's.That has been the case in the one's that I have found.Not sure if that's what your saying as well Blue.I don't know if there will ever be answer as to why Victa started one way then changed to another.As it seems to be that is what has happened,but why?

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Thanks Blumbly,appreciate the imput...Im Unsure why they changed,maybee it really was a misprint,But why it changed isnt as important as determining the Correct models.

The fact that the image states the use of the Impulse starter as an option for the Model 6 (tank on cowl) as per diagram,to me says that it is actually as the document suggests..A Model 6,Not 9. No other document shows this. I think this is a very important piece of information.

My engine nos all have letters in front irrespective of model. 3 are actually DAB...... So I dont think the answer lies in the Engine numbers. The ones with the numbers only to me would suggest a later engine as this is when the date codes started,so if anyone has a model with this full number sequence please let us see what model it is on. Im now almost certain the the answer lies in the starter types Especially since the model we currently know as 6 (Tank IN cowl) NEVER came with this starter type(impulse).
..Get me?

Blumbly Offline OP
Master Technician
But not all of them had impulse starters.I have had five so far and only one had the impulse starter.

HT6 Offline
De-registered
For sure they did not,it was an option...But what im saying is the model we currently know as 6 (tank IN cowl) NEVER had the impulse as an option. The Manual Image I posted clearly states that the sheerline model 6 (the one we currently know as 9) DID. So I think this is the correct Image to suit the Model 6. Anyway ill keep chipping away and see if I can find some more evidence to support this Manual Picture.

Apprentice level 2
Does this help at all?

28 Oct 1960

[Linked Image]

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Yes unkie it helps,but what the ad doesnt state is if its a model 6 or a model 9 frown Im going to continue researching this until I find the answer for sure and then start a sheerline thread when Ive gathered more info,just The Automatic and Roto one smile

Qualified Junior
well if victa done things in order we should say that that model being the first release , that it would have been the model 6 ?

HT6 Offline
De-registered
Yes Tomo We would assume so,but many members have voiced opinions in regards to a reversal of the models due to inncauracies in the Manuals.. I have 4 now and a few more image/serial examples,so Im trying to get any clues I can with serial and others directly from the mower.

The real trouble is they ran side by side,so while the numbers may be in sequence,they are shared by 2 models. I have some examples of lower numbers on model 9s and vice versa. But in my opinion they are more than likely the way we have always known them to be smile Pretty much everything else is known about sheerline...So I dont think there will be any other great mystery.

The main clue in this Ad is the date,And as you said the term "First Release" Also they were still selling Specials" up until and even after this date. So I think this shows that this may well be the first AD Depicting A "Correct Model 6". I Really think this is enough to verify Its accuracy And should be treated as such until Someone could prove conclusively That it is not:) Case closed?

HT6 Offline
De-registered
I had been told previously by some that the model 6 and 9 bases were different. If you look at blumblys Image,It states The same Number chassis as being 6' For both models pictured smile. This will verify other memebrs attesting to their model 6 and 9s having the same base types. While their are 2 chassis styles for sheerline,this clearly proves that both models recieved the same chassis style at some point smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bruce 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
TastyFishes, Apple_Smooth, Snitta, Jdlu35, Kiwicat
16,794 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums145
Topics12,716
Posts104,638
Members16,794
Most Online2,545